TEAM Energy is a leading supplier of carbon and energy management solutions committed to driving the efficiency and sustainability of energy consumption and environmental awareness. We specialise in energy management software, energy bureau services and energy consultancy and have been designing and building energy measuring and monitoring solutions for more than 20 years. Developed alongside industry professionals, our scalable cloud-based solutions are equipped to meet a range of energy management needs. Founded in 1985, we work with organisations across all sectors including private and public, education, government and utilities.
Our vision is to help each one of our customers to build a successful and optimised energy management service.
We strive to:
• Extend the reach and capability of our service
• Deliver a customer focused service
• Consistently deliver a high-quality service to our customers
• Facilitate our customers’ ability to anticipate and respond to market and industry change quickly and cost effectively
• Enable our customers drive down energy usage through better knowledge and more efficient controls, and to meet their commercial and
compliance targets for energy and carbon reduction
• Help improve our customers cost assurance to maximise cost recovery opportunities by validating utility invoice data and delivering
access to quality data.
Since the acquisition in 2017 by EDW Technology, TEAM have delivered several product and service enhancements. Sigma Energy Intelligence, a high-performance reporting tool, is a brand-new addition to the Energy Management Software suite and the Energy Bureau service has boosted bill recovery performance with a new business intelligence tool.
TEAM is committed through its Environmental Policy to continually improve environmental performance and support a culture of environmental awareness and are ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accredited.
Sigma Energy Management Software
Sigma energy management software: better decisions, quicker
Sigma energy management software will enable you to optimise your energy management strategy with a structured, co-ordinated and integrated approach to managing energy.
Make energy an integral part of running your organisation with Sigma energy management software:
• Secure energy efficiency gains
• Sustain your carbon reduction
• Comply with legislation and regulatory requirements
• Maximise cost recovery opportunities
Data collection – Sigma software is sufficiently flexible to aggregate energy data, from multiple locations, systems, and formats, into one place.
Data management – Sigma will enable you to establish a database of portfolio information to reflect your property estate and provide you with a clear picture of your energy data to facilitate driving down energy usage through better knowledge and more efficient controls.
Utility bill validation – TEAM have been designing and building energy pricing, billing and bill validation solutions for more than 20 years, during which time unique knowledge, skills and technical capability have been obtained to deliver, industry leading, bill validation and error detection software.
Cost Recovery – Sigma cost recovery query management functions can eliminate the labour-intensive process of managing supplier invoice queries.
Dashboards – Using Sigma Energy Intelligence, interactive dashboards can be created to visually display a range of information for businesses to share with the business, stakeholders and the general public.
Reporting – The fundamental difference between traditional energy reporting solutions and Sigma Energy Intelligence reporting is the ability to interact with the data – to perform multi-dimensional analysis that provides meaningful “Energy Intelligence” that supports energy management decisions and strategy.
Monitoring & Targeting – With KPI and alerting features, Sigma EI will help organisations identify inefficient performance, eliminate waste and set targets.
Finance support – Sigma’s predictive analysis and analytical capability can help organisations build a complete picture of energy management and identify factors that influence energy budgets.
Compliance Management – Sigma energy management software has a specialist range of capabilities that can produce advanced energy and emission reports that are suitable for the complex requirements of UK regulations and schemes.
Tenant Billing – Sigma tenant billing software provides organisations with the ability to monitor energy use and accurately divide utility costs between tenants, cost centres or departments. Sigma tenant billing software can be used in multiple occupancy buildings.
Integration – Sigma energy management software’s accounts link module allows utility billing data to be transferred into your accounting software easily and quickly straight from Sigma .
Portal – The Sigma energy viewer is an easy-to-use module which provides a quick overview of site energy and billing data. The software enables large multi-site organisations to give site staff responsibilities for their energy.
TEAM offers an outsourced Bureau service to optimise bill validation and cost recovery, whilst supporting with management reporting and maintaining an accurate database. The Energy Bureau works as an extension of your team, allowing you to focus on your organisation’s monitoring and targeting.
TEAM’s outsourced bill validation bureau service removes the administration time customers need to process and check utility bills. TEAM’s Energy Bureau will liaise with utility suppliers on behalf of customers to ensure the smooth running and accuracy of charges across multiple accounts and sites.
The key features of the bill validation and cost recovery service includes:
• Receiving your utility bills directly from the supplier as EDI files or paper invoices
• Checking and processing each individual invoice for any utility
• Processing meter readings direct from the site and verifying against the utility bills
• Gathering half hourly data direct from data collectors to check against the invoices
• Reviewing and verifying historic billing data
• Comparing charges on each bill with your agreed tariffs and agreed contract rates
• Tracking for duplicate bills, overdue bills and identify missing bills
• Investigation of inconsistencies directly with your utility supplier
• Negotiation with utility suppliers to ensure recoveries are refunded or credited efficiently and correctly
Energy Consultancy Services
The Energy Services team comprises of a collection of in–house consultants. With a range of skills and knowledge, each highly qualified consultant offers experience from across a multitude of industries. TEAM experts offer a range of professional energy services designed to help organisations understand and get the most out energy schemes and initiatives.
The range of services include:
• Display Energy Certificates
• Energy Performance Certificates & MEES Audit
• TM44 Air Conditioning Inspections
• CRC services
• Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme service
• Renewable Heat Incentive service
• Energy Policy & Strategy consultancy
• Energy Audits
• Measurement and Verification
• Capacity Market Support
• Renewables and Low Carbon Technology advice
• Tenant Billing Consultancy
• CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant
• CMVP® Measurement Verification Professional
• Energy Assessor: Air Conditioning
• Energy Assessor: Display Energy Certificates
• Energy Assessor: Energy Performance Certificates
• Energy Institute Registered Consultant
• ESOS Assessor
• Independent Technical Expert for the Capacity Market
Specialist Group Membership
• automatic Monitoring and Targeting Group
• Independent Energy Consultants’ group (IECg)
• Crown Commercial Services G-Cloud 9 – Software as a Service (SaaS)
• Shared Business Services (SBS) Framework – Bill Validation & Cost Recovery Services
- Stepping up to net zero before it’s too late
- As pressure mounts on UK businesses to be working towards the Government’s net zero target, now is the time for them to address how a net zero strategy can become part of their purpose. | 6th July 2021
- Top tips for making your HVAC more efficient this summer
- Usually, around this time of year, Heating Ventilation and Cooling (HVAC) systems can be victim to inefficient use due to inconsistent changes in the weather. | 11th June 2021
- Energy management series: Project planning
- Energy management series: Project planning | 13th May 2021
- Ofgem’s Targeted Charging Review may be delayed, but it’s not going away
- Ofgem’s Targeted Charging Review (TCR) initiative aims to modernise the electricity network and transform the management of the National Grid. | 30th April 2021
- TEAM’s latest consultancy service supports organisations affected by the updated Heat Network Regulations
- TEAM’s latest consultancy service supports organisations affected by the updated Heat Network Regulations | 21st April 2021
- TEAM Energy reinforces their Behaviour Change Programmes with Approved EnCO Practitioner accreditation
- TEAM Energy reinforces their Behaviour Change Programmes with Approved EnCO Practitioner accreditation. | 29th March 2021
- Planning for a green future, looking past the 10-point plan
- As we see a pathway out of the pandemic, TEAM’s Head of Consultancy, Timothy Holman examines what the Government’s net zero ambition really means to UK businesses and, in a countdown to the climate change summit, COP26, considers how they can be part of the journey to decarbonisation. | 10th March 2021
- TEAM address the challenges of tenant billing with new suite of services
- Our latest offering reinvents tenant billing, delivering sustainable and efficient property management. | 3rd March 2021
- TEAM enhances its Consultancy offering with a suite of new services
- As the UK’s leading energy and sustainability management consultancy, over 35 years of business, we have been a vanguard of change, growing and developing our services to better meet the needs of our customers. | 27th January 2021
- Planning for 2021 and the pathway to green recovery
- Planning for 2021 and the pathway to green recovery | 15th January 2021
Latest Case Studies
- Sigma’s Energy Intelligence platform white labels Yellowfin to deliver advanced energy-management reporting
- With an extensive history of developing, implementing, and supporting best-in-class energy management software solutions, TEAM, together with its parent company EDW Technology, saw a lot of potential in strengthening their Sigma product and service offering. | 3rd May 2018
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service – customer case study
- TEAM Customer Reviews… See what our TEAM customers say about us… | 31st January 2018
- What do Arriva use? TEAM Sigma M&T Software
- Arriva (formally known as Northern Rail) uses Sigma M&T Software to process their utility bills using EDI files from their suppliers. | 7th December 2017
- Somerset County Council moves forward with its Energy Plan thanks to TEAM
- Somerset County Council is one of the largest employers in Somerset and is committed to becoming the UK’s greenest council as it strives to cut CO2 emissions and reduce energy bills. | 7th December 2017
- What do Greggs use? TEAM Sigma Software
- Greggs use TEAM’s Sigma Software across all their 1,600 sites as a bill validation tool which makes it easy to do with query management. | 7th December 2017
- What do Bedford Borough Council use? TEAM Sigma Software
- Bedford Borough Council currently use TEAM Sigma Software to monitor their energy data. | 7th December 2017
- TEAM customer National Museums Liverpool crowned Carbon Champion of the Year
- The energy management expertise offered by TEAM Consultancy Services has meant the National Museums Liverpool has seen a rapid return on their investment in half-hourly metering in preparation for the CRC deadline. | 16th August 2017
- TEAM helps Sainsbury’s obtain RHI subsidy payments
- Sainsbury’s is one of the UK’s largest supermarket chains and is fast becoming the country’s greenest grocer as it strives to reduce the impact on the environment. | 16th August 2017
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency rescued from incorrect utility bills
- The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) has enjoyed significant benefits since it contracted TEAM to validate its utility bills and make cost recoveries on its behalf. | 10th August 2017
- National Museum Liverpool makes significant savings with TEAM
- The energy management expertise offered by TEAM Consultancy Services has meant the National Museums Liverpool has seen a rapid return on their investment in half-hourly metering in preparation for the CRC deadline. | 10th August 2017
Products and Services
- Accredited Services
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant
- CMVP - Certified Measurement Verification Professional
- Energy Assessor: Air Conditioning
- Energy Assessor: Display Energy Certificates
- Energy Assessor: Energy Performance Certificates
- Energy Institute Registered Consultant
- ESOS Assessor
- aM&T Automatic Monitoring And Targeting
- Accredited Display Energy Certificate software
- AMR automatic meter reading
- aMT bureau services
- aMT online services
- aMT software
- Bill validation
- Meter reading services
- Monitoring and Targeting
- Energy Advice And Consultancy
- Building energy use
- Data Analysis and reports
- Emission assessment/verification services
- Energy audits and reports
- Energy policy and strategy
- Energy use in transport
- Project procurement and management
- Training and awareness
- Water and waste water advice
- Energy Procurement Services
- Carbon trading
- Contract advice and tendering
- Fixed energy supply contracts
- Market analysis and advice
- Energy Services
- Energy management services
- Energy supply contracts
- Electricity meters/sub-meters
- Product On Energy Technology List
- ETL Automatic Monitoring and Targeting Systems
- automatic Monitoring and Targeting group (aM&Tg)
- Independent Energy Consultants group (IECg)
Member Since: 1989 | Membership Number: 8903