Quality assurance (UK): ISO 9001-2000, ISO 14001
Armstrong is a leading designer and manufacturer of HVAC equipment, packaged systems and integrated plant rooms. It also leads the market in the area of low and zero carbon solutions with expertise in the integration of any combination of biomass, heat pumps, solar thermal and condensing boiler technology.
The Armstrong HVAC product range includes: pumps (vertical in-line, end suction, horizontal split case, fixed and variable speed); booster sets (fixed and variable speed) and Armex expansion equipment; pump accessories (FloTrex valves, Suction guides, commissioning valves etc); sealed system expansion equipment (Pulpress pressurisation and GLA glycol make-up units); heat exchangers; chillers; and fire pumps.
Armstrong LZC (low and zero carbon) solutions can incorporate on-site generation from solar thermal, biomass or heat pump devices and integrate these effectively with other high efficiency system components such as condensing boilers and variable speed pumps.
Armstrong is a market leader in the off-site manufacture of integrated plant rooms and fire pump houses, with a purpose-designed factory in Halesowen. A number of integrated solutions, such as the MBS heating solution, the IPP-CHW chilled water integrated plant package, and the IPS integrated pumping system for multi-pump, multi-zone applications, have been developed in Halesowen and launched as stand-alone products, with installations across the UK.
Armstrong in the UK grew out of the merger of the British-based operations of S A Armstrong Limited of Toronto, Canada (founded 1934) with Holden Brooke Pullen. In 2004 Halesowen-based Plant Energy Systems (established 1978) was brought into the group forming Armstrong Integrated Systems. S A Armstrong remains in family ownership and sells into over 50 countries from manufacturing bases in the UK (Manchester and Halesowen), Canada and the USA.
- New High-Performance Fire Pump range launched by Armstrong Fluid Technology
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the launch of a new line of high-efficiency fire pumps offering superior flow performance with lower installation and lifecycle costs, outstanding durability and ease of maintenance. | 11th May 2018
- Armstrong Fluid Technology celebrates 4th year of sustainability initiative
- Armstrong Fluid Technology’s sustainability initiative is celebrating a highly successful fourth year, with significant energy and carbon savings achieved for customers via its HVAC solutions, as well as impressive reductions in electricity, gas and water usage at Armstrong production facilities around the world. | 29th September 2017
- Armstrong new generation launch release
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the next level of innovation in pumping solutions for enhanced lifetime building performance across its entire Design Envelope pump range from 1hp to 1250hp. | 11th April 2017
- New Armstrong Tango Pump Launch
- The new Tango range of pump solutions from Armstrong Fluid Technology offers industry-leading levels of efficiency, with built-in parallel sensorless pump control, motor efficiency exceeding IE4, embedded intelligence and connectivity, and innovative design for ease of maintenance. | 10th April 2017
Products and Services
- Control Equipment And Systems
- Boiler and burner management
- Intelligent HVAC controllers
- Stand alone HVAC controls
- Efficient Plant, Motors, Drives
- High efficiency chillers and boilers
- Pumps and pump motors
- Pumps with integrated VSD
- VSD Variable speed drives
- Energy Advice And Consultancy
- Energy audits and reports
- Energy Services
- System design and installation
- Lighting and Energy Saving Controls group (LaESCg)
Member Since: 2000 | Membership Number: 0005