Webinars show housing providers how to deliver on next generation heat network ambitions
The free online events are open to housing associations, local authorities, private housing developers and build-to-rent investors.
The first webinar, on Tuesday 13 October, will show housing delegates how to achieve their heat network ambitions via Energy Service Companies (ESCos).
A second webinar on Thursday 10 November will explore the future technologies that will drive carbon reduction across the heat network sector. Speakers will discuss the opportunities for developing 4th and 5th generation networks that can help organisations meet net-zero targets.
Delegates attending the ‘ESCos Explained’ webinar will learn how ESCos can take the strain out of financing, developing and operating affordable and sustainable heat network projects.
Ian Allan, Head of Market Strategy for Switch2 Energy, which is a leading ESCo provider, will cover the benefits and potential drawbacks of using an ESCo and explain the various options available. Drawing on case study examples, he will demonstrate how housing providers can use ESCos to remove project complexity and financial constraints to accelerate delivery of next generation district and community heating schemes.
Colin Hall, Partner at Winckworth Sherwood will explore how upcoming regulation could affect the future of ESCos. He will discuss the legal aspect of the developer and ESCo relationship, and the impact of ESCos on phased developments, connection and adoption fees.
Guest speaker Steve Hunt, Development Director of Ener-Vate, will discuss the key issues clients must consider in setting up and delivering an ESCo and the KPIs they should set. He will also examine the factors that affect long term operational performance, such as accountability, skills, and effective monitoring and reporting
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Webinars show housing providers how to deliver on next generation heat network ambitions
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and lawyers Winckworth Sherwood are hosting two webinars to help housing providers plan and deliver next generation low and zero carbon heat networks. | 9th October 2020
- Guide to generating and selling electricity on residential developments
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and law firm Penningtons Manches Cooper have published a free guide to selling electricity generated on-site at residential developments. | 8th September 2020
- Switch2 Energy announces new heat network webinar series
- A new autumn series of free heat network webinars has been launched by Switch2 Energy to provide fortnightly online masterclasses for designers, developers, owners and operators of district and community heating schemes. | 21st August 2020
- Heat network webinars available free on-demand
- Community and district heating specialist Switch2 Energy has made its 'lockdown learning' heat network webinars available free on-demand to professionals from the housing, construction and property sectors. | 17th August 2020
- Webinar explores opportunities & legalities of reselling electricity to residents
- Housing developers, landlords and ESCos can learn about opportunities for generating and selling electricity to residents on heat networks at a webinar on Thursday 30 July at 10am. | 20th July 2020
- Heat network webinar explores future technology pathway to net-zero
- The Housing Forum is partnering with member Switch2 Energy to host its next Innovation Forum by webinar. The discussion will focus on the role of future technology and performance optimisation in delivering on net zero goals. | 2nd July 2020
- Switch2 will accelerate heat network development via Re:fit framework
- Switch2 Energy will help cash constrained Local Authorities and public bodies to accelerate development of low carbon heat networks via the Re:fit Framework for Energy Performance Contracting. | 10th June 2020
- Switch2 Energy supports heat networks jobs and investment drive
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy is supporting an industry drive to deliver billions of pounds worth of investment and thousands of green jobs over the next 30 years. | 8th June 2020
- ‘Lockdown Learning’ for heat network designers, developers and operators
- Switch2 Energy announces latest heat network webinars, including on-demand | 28th May 2020
- Switch2 joins heat network industry leaders to offer customers pandemic protection
- Switch2 Energy has joined with the UK's leading heat network providers to launch a new consumer protection agreement to support customers through the pandemic. | 13th May 2020