Webinars show housing providers how to deliver on next generation heat network ambitions
The free online events are open to housing associations, local authorities, private housing developers and build-to-rent investors.
The first webinar, on Tuesday 13 October, will show housing delegates how to achieve their heat network ambitions via Energy Service Companies (ESCos).
A second webinar on Thursday 10 November will explore the future technologies that will drive carbon reduction across the heat network sector. Speakers will discuss the opportunities for developing 4th and 5th generation networks that can help organisations meet net-zero targets.
Delegates attending the ‘ESCos Explained’ webinar will learn how ESCos can take the strain out of financing, developing and operating affordable and sustainable heat network projects.
Ian Allan, Head of Market Strategy for Switch2 Energy, which is a leading ESCo provider, will cover the benefits and potential drawbacks of using an ESCo and explain the various options available. Drawing on case study examples, he will demonstrate how housing providers can use ESCos to remove project complexity and financial constraints to accelerate delivery of next generation district and community heating schemes.
Colin Hall, Partner at Winckworth Sherwood will explore how upcoming regulation could affect the future of ESCos. He will discuss the legal aspect of the developer and ESCo relationship, and the impact of ESCos on phased developments, connection and adoption fees.
Guest speaker Steve Hunt, Development Director of Ener-Vate, will discuss the key issues clients must consider in setting up and delivering an ESCo and the KPIs they should set. He will also examine the factors that affect long term operational performance, such as accountability, skills, and effective monitoring and reporting
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Free guide explains important updates to heat network regulations
- District heating specialist Switch2 Energy has published the Essential Guide to the Heat Network Regulations | 1st October 2021
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero | 16th September 2021
- New heat network funding opportunities
- Heat network developers and owners can find out more about two new funding opportunities to improve energy efficiency and transition to low and zero carbon technologies at a free webinar, hosted by Switch2 Energy on 16 September (10am to 11am). | 27th August 2021
- Switch2 to demonstrate next generation residential heat network solutions at Housing 2021
- District and community heating specialist Switch2 Energy will show residential heat network providers how next generation technologies can help them get ahead on net zero and regulatory compliance at Housing 2021 | 19th August 2021
- Leeds City Council partners with Switch2 to comply with Heat Network Regulations
- Leeds City Council is partnering with Switch2 Energy to achieve compliance with the updated Heat Network (Metering & Billing) Regulations. | 16th August 2021
- Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
- Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford | 16th April 2021
- Switch2 launches new compliance service for updated heat network regulations
- Switch2 Energy has launched its new S2 Meter2Bill service to help district heating suppliers comply with major updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations. | 8th March 2021
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland’s landmark heat network legislation
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland's landmark heat network legislation | 3rd March 2021
- Switch2 Energy announces Bitesize heat network webinar series
- Switch2 Energy has announced its new Bitesize lunchtime webinars, which cover the latest know-how in planning, designing, developing and operating heat networks. | 11th February 2021
- Switch2 welcomes improved standards for UK heat networks
- Switch2 Energy has welcomed publication of the new CIBSE CP1 (2020) Heat Networks Code of Practice, which will drive further improvements in the planning, design, development, commissioning and operation of UK district and community heating schemes. | 25th January 2021