Webinar explores opportunities & legalities of reselling electricity to residents
Housing developers, landlords and ESCos can learn about opportunities for generating and selling electricity to residents on heat networks at a webinar on Thursday 30 July at 10am.
Switch2 Energy and law firm Penningtons Manches Cooper are hosting the free webinar to explain the practical and legal aspects of supplying electricity to tenants.
There is strong interest from developers, landlords and ESCos in supplying residents with electricity – to reduce the cost of their overall service offering. This is often linked to the provision of heat, where combined heat and power (CHP) plant is used. The drive for lower carbon solutions is also creating new opportunities to integrate heat and power from solar PV and heat pumps.
The sale and distribution of power is regulated, requiring a licence from Ofgem in many instances, but there are exemptions that can apply to residential schemes.
Ed Weightman, a regulatory compliance law specialist at Penningtons Manches Cooper, will provide an overview of the regulations. He will explain the licensing exemptions that can enable landlords to sell electricity to residents connected to a site’s privately operated electricity network. His presentation will also cover issues such as price caps and consumer rights on supplier switching.
Ian Allan, Head of Market Strategy for Switch2, will discuss the opportunities to integrate power provision into the heat network supply. This can help offset delivery costs and provide additional services, such as electric vehicle charging. He will draw on examples of existing on-site heat and power networks that are delivering cost and carbon savings for residents and operators.
“There are strong financial benefits of adding power supply into local heat networks”, said Ian Allan. “Residents can benefit from lower, stable electricity prices, while landlords can use savings to offset heat network costs. This is particularly important during the transition to innovative lower carbon systems.”
Following the webinar, Switch2 and Penningtons Manches Cooper will publish a free guide to the legal aspects of reselling electricity to residents from privately operated electricity networks.
Register to attend the free webinar: ‘Heat Networks | Selling electricity to residents: opportunities for developers.’
For further details contact Switch2 on 0330 053 5599; email@example.com; www.switch2.co.uk
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Switch2 wins government funding to improve heat network performance
- Switch2 Energy has won funding from The Heat Network Efficiency Scheme (HNES) to improve efficiency and carbon performance across 9 of the district and communal heating schemes it operates. | 14th March 2022
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks is the topic of a presentation by Switch2 Energy at the Future of Heat Conference in Birmingham on Wednesday 30 March. | 8th March 2022
- New ICON technology helps heat network suppliers tackle gas price crisis
- The new ICON connected heat interface unit (HIU), launched by Switch2 Energy, is relieving the impact of higher gas prices for heat network suppliers and their customers. | 15th February 2022
- Procure Plus appoints Switch2 to national heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the Procure Plus framework to supply its new connected ICON heat interface units to heat network providers across social housing and the public sector throughout the UK. | 14th December 2021
- Higher gas prices improve payback of heat network metering
- Record high gas prices have multiplied the payback of installing individual smart metering systems in homes connected to heat networks, according to Switch2 Energy. | 17th November 2021
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations | 28th October 2021
- Free guide explains important updates to heat network regulations
- District heating specialist Switch2 Energy has published the Essential Guide to the Heat Network Regulations | 1st October 2021
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero | 16th September 2021
- New heat network funding opportunities
- Heat network developers and owners can find out more about two new funding opportunities to improve energy efficiency and transition to low and zero carbon technologies at a free webinar, hosted by Switch2 Energy on 16 September (10am to 11am). | 27th August 2021
- Switch2 to demonstrate next generation residential heat network solutions at Housing 2021
- District and community heating specialist Switch2 Energy will show residential heat network providers how next generation technologies can help them get ahead on net zero and regulatory compliance at Housing 2021 | 19th August 2021