Webinar explores opportunities & legalities of reselling electricity to residents
Housing developers, landlords and ESCos can learn about opportunities for generating and selling electricity to residents on heat networks at a webinar on Thursday 30 July at 10am.
Switch2 Energy and law firm Penningtons Manches Cooper are hosting the free webinar to explain the practical and legal aspects of supplying electricity to tenants.
There is strong interest from developers, landlords and ESCos in supplying residents with electricity – to reduce the cost of their overall service offering. This is often linked to the provision of heat, where combined heat and power (CHP) plant is used. The drive for lower carbon solutions is also creating new opportunities to integrate heat and power from solar PV and heat pumps.
The sale and distribution of power is regulated, requiring a licence from Ofgem in many instances, but there are exemptions that can apply to residential schemes.
Ed Weightman, a regulatory compliance law specialist at Penningtons Manches Cooper, will provide an overview of the regulations. He will explain the licensing exemptions that can enable landlords to sell electricity to residents connected to a site’s privately operated electricity network. His presentation will also cover issues such as price caps and consumer rights on supplier switching.
Ian Allan, Head of Market Strategy for Switch2, will discuss the opportunities to integrate power provision into the heat network supply. This can help offset delivery costs and provide additional services, such as electric vehicle charging. He will draw on examples of existing on-site heat and power networks that are delivering cost and carbon savings for residents and operators.
“There are strong financial benefits of adding power supply into local heat networks”, said Ian Allan. “Residents can benefit from lower, stable electricity prices, while landlords can use savings to offset heat network costs. This is particularly important during the transition to innovative lower carbon systems.”
Following the webinar, Switch2 and Penningtons Manches Cooper will publish a free guide to the legal aspects of reselling electricity to residents from privately operated electricity networks.
Register to attend the free webinar: ‘Heat Networks | Selling electricity to residents: opportunities for developers.’
For further details contact Switch2 on 0330 053 5599; email@example.com; www.switch2.co.uk
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Webinar explores opportunities & legalities of reselling electricity to residents
- Housing developers, landlords and ESCos can learn about opportunities for generating and selling electricity to residents on heat networks at a webinar on Thursday 30 July at 10am. | 20th July 2020
- Heat network webinar explores future technology pathway to net-zero
- The Housing Forum is partnering with member Switch2 Energy to host its next Innovation Forum by webinar. The discussion will focus on the role of future technology and performance optimisation in delivering on net zero goals. | 2nd July 2020
- Switch2 will accelerate heat network development via Re:fit framework
- Switch2 Energy will help cash constrained Local Authorities and public bodies to accelerate development of low carbon heat networks via the Re:fit Framework for Energy Performance Contracting. | 10th June 2020
- Switch2 Energy supports heat networks jobs and investment drive
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy is supporting an industry drive to deliver billions of pounds worth of investment and thousands of green jobs over the next 30 years. | 8th June 2020
- ‘Lockdown Learning’ for heat network designers, developers and operators
- Switch2 Energy announces latest heat network webinars, including on-demand | 28th May 2020
- Switch2 joins heat network industry leaders to offer customers pandemic protection
- Switch2 Energy has joined with the UK's leading heat network providers to launch a new consumer protection agreement to support customers through the pandemic. | 13th May 2020
- Greystar awards 25-year heat network contract to Switch2 Energy
- Greystar has awarded a 25-year operations and maintenance contract to Switch2 Energy for its new Greenford Quay heat network in West London. | 27th April 2020
- Switch2 Energy appoints new heat network construction director
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy has appointed Simon Eddleston as Director of Construction ¬– to lead the design and build of sustainable district heating projects across the UK. | 21st April 2020
- Switch2 shares heat network know-how with launch of webinar series
- Heat network developers and operators can keep up to date on the latest know-how during the Covid-19 period via fortnightly interactive webinars, launched by Switch2 Energy. | 9th April 2020
- Webinar shows how to get more from heat network metering & billing
- Switch2 Energy is hosting a free webinar to show local authorities and housing associations how to get the most out of compliant heat network metering and billing. | 6th April 2020