Webinar explores opportunities & legalities of reselling electricity to residents
Housing developers, landlords and ESCos can learn about opportunities for generating and selling electricity to residents on heat networks at a webinar on Thursday 30 July at 10am.
Switch2 Energy and law firm Penningtons Manches Cooper are hosting the free webinar to explain the practical and legal aspects of supplying electricity to tenants.
There is strong interest from developers, landlords and ESCos in supplying residents with electricity – to reduce the cost of their overall service offering. This is often linked to the provision of heat, where combined heat and power (CHP) plant is used. The drive for lower carbon solutions is also creating new opportunities to integrate heat and power from solar PV and heat pumps.
The sale and distribution of power is regulated, requiring a licence from Ofgem in many instances, but there are exemptions that can apply to residential schemes.
Ed Weightman, a regulatory compliance law specialist at Penningtons Manches Cooper, will provide an overview of the regulations. He will explain the licensing exemptions that can enable landlords to sell electricity to residents connected to a site’s privately operated electricity network. His presentation will also cover issues such as price caps and consumer rights on supplier switching.
Ian Allan, Head of Market Strategy for Switch2, will discuss the opportunities to integrate power provision into the heat network supply. This can help offset delivery costs and provide additional services, such as electric vehicle charging. He will draw on examples of existing on-site heat and power networks that are delivering cost and carbon savings for residents and operators.
“There are strong financial benefits of adding power supply into local heat networks”, said Ian Allan. “Residents can benefit from lower, stable electricity prices, while landlords can use savings to offset heat network costs. This is particularly important during the transition to innovative lower carbon systems.”
Following the webinar, Switch2 and Penningtons Manches Cooper will publish a free guide to the legal aspects of reselling electricity to residents from privately operated electricity networks.
Register to attend the free webinar: ‘Heat Networks | Selling electricity to residents: opportunities for developers.’
For further details contact Switch2 on 0330 053 5599; email@example.com; www.switch2.co.uk
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
- Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford | 16th April 2021
- Switch2 launches new compliance service for updated heat network regulations
- Switch2 Energy has launched its new S2 Meter2Bill service to help district heating suppliers comply with major updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations. | 8th March 2021
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland’s landmark heat network legislation
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland's landmark heat network legislation | 3rd March 2021
- Switch2 Energy announces Bitesize heat network webinar series
- Switch2 Energy has announced its new Bitesize lunchtime webinars, which cover the latest know-how in planning, designing, developing and operating heat networks. | 11th February 2021
- Switch2 welcomes improved standards for UK heat networks
- Switch2 Energy has welcomed publication of the new CIBSE CP1 (2020) Heat Networks Code of Practice, which will drive further improvements in the planning, design, development, commissioning and operation of UK district and community heating schemes. | 25th January 2021
- Webinar shows heat network suppliers how to comply with new metering regulations
- Webinar shows heat network suppliers how to comply with new metering regulations | 15th January 2021
- Switch2 Energy releases guidance to updated Heat Network Regulations
- Updated legislation for heat networks came into force on 27 November 2020. The revisions aim to drive best practice in smart metering & billing and improve network performance. | 8th December 2020
- Switch2 appointed to ProcurePublic heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the ProcurePublic framework to supply heat network metering, billing and interface equipment to the public sector across the UK. | 17th November 2020
- Webinars show housing providers how to deliver on next generation heat network ambitions
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and lawyers Winckworth Sherwood are hosting two webinars to help housing providers plan and deliver next generation low and zero carbon heat networks. | 9th October 2020
- Guide to generating and selling electricity on residential developments
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and law firm Penningtons Manches Cooper have published a free guide to selling electricity generated on-site at residential developments. | 8th September 2020