Switch2’s cost & carbon saving heat network technology shortlisted for top energy award
Switch2 Energy has been named as a finalist in the prestigious Energy Awards, in recognition of its innovative ICON connected heat interface unit (HIU), which is transforming heat network performance by lowering costs and reducing carbon emissions.
ICON, which uses open protocol and Internet of Things (IoT) technology to Improve heat network efficiency by up to 35%, has been shortlisted for the ‘Physical Technology of the Year – Heating and Cooling Award’.
Richard Harrison, CEO of Switch2 Energy said: “At a time of record high energy costs, our new ICON HIU is helping to relieve the impact of soaring gas prices by transforming heat network efficiency and reducing carbon emissions. We’re proud to gain recognition as award nominees and to be shortlisted alongside some of the UK’s leading sustainable energy innovators.”
The next generation electronic HIU uses real-time deep data insights to deliver continuous improvement and proactive maintenance. ICON represents a paradigm shift in heat network capability and its IoT technology means ICON can be remotely optimised, ensuring network managers and stakeholders have unparalleled access and understanding of their network’s performance, efficiency and reliability. ICON puts transparency and customer service at the heart of communal heat networks.
ICON’s management portal can be accessed from any web-based device – enabling managers to monitor whole-system performance and update settings for the entire heat network without needing to be onsite. This makes it simple and cost effective to manage commissioning and validation of the HIU, together with all aspects of long-term heat network operation.
The final winners of The Energy Awards will be announced at a ceremony in London on Wednesday 29 June 2022.
Further information: www.switch2.co.uk/product/icon-connected-hiu
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Managing the ‘perfect storm’ of heat network challenges – webinar series
- Managing the 'perfect storm' of heat network challenges - webinar series | 30th May 2022
- Switch2’s cost & carbon saving heat network technology shortlisted for top energy award
- Switch2's cost & carbon saving heat network technology shortlisted for top energy award | 23rd May 2022
- Switch2 at Smart Housing: How smart heat networks can relieve soaring costs and deliver net zero
- Switch2 at Smart Housing: How smart heat networks can relieve soaring costs and deliver net zero | 12th May 2022
- Switch2 wins government funding to improve heat network performance
- Switch2 Energy has won funding from The Heat Network Efficiency Scheme (HNES) to improve efficiency and carbon performance across 9 of the district and communal heating schemes it operates. | 14th March 2022
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks is the topic of a presentation by Switch2 Energy at the Future of Heat Conference in Birmingham on Wednesday 30 March. | 8th March 2022
- New ICON technology helps heat network suppliers tackle gas price crisis
- The new ICON connected heat interface unit (HIU), launched by Switch2 Energy, is relieving the impact of higher gas prices for heat network suppliers and their customers. | 15th February 2022
- Procure Plus appoints Switch2 to national heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the Procure Plus framework to supply its new connected ICON heat interface units to heat network providers across social housing and the public sector throughout the UK. | 14th December 2021
- Higher gas prices improve payback of heat network metering
- Record high gas prices have multiplied the payback of installing individual smart metering systems in homes connected to heat networks, according to Switch2 Energy. | 17th November 2021
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations | 28th October 2021
- Free guide explains important updates to heat network regulations
- District heating specialist Switch2 Energy has published the Essential Guide to the Heat Network Regulations | 1st October 2021