Switch2 launches new compliance service for updated heat network regulations
Switch2 Energy has launched its new S2 Meter2Bill service to help district heating suppliers comply with major updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations.
The updated legislation, which came into force on 27 November 2020, introduces a new legal requirement to install final customer meters on existing unmetered networks, where demonstrated to be viable. This is already mandatory for new build and properties undergoing major renovation.
Heat suppliers are now required to put their unmetered heat networks into one of three new building classes. Properties that are categorised as ‘open class’ must use a revised cost-effectiveness tool to assess whether or not they need to install heat meters or heat cost allocators into individual homes. This should be completed by 27 November 2021.
The revised heat network notification template requires the heat network operator to report the number of buildings they have that fall into each of the three new building classes.
Meter2Bill provides the expert support heat suppliers need to make informed decisions about the actions required to comply with the regulations and to meet the regulatory deadlines. This includes:
• Analysing buildings to classify them as ‘open’, ‘viable’ or ‘exempt’
• Completion of cost effectiveness assessments, using the revised tool
• Support with completing revised notification submission
• Assistance with physical survey, if metering is required
• Support with developing the installation programme, if required
• Providing budget costs for supply, installation, and commissioning of the compliant metering system and metering and billing services.
• Advice on procurement options, including capital purchase, metering frameworks and Switch2’s own zero CAPEX financing models
Ian Allan, Head of Market Strategy for Switch2 Energy said: “Heat suppliers have less than 9 months to comply with the first phase of the regulatory changes, which will be especially challenging for those with multiple heat network portfolios. Our new service will take the strain out of the compliance process to provide expert support with all the complex steps involved.
“The regulatory changes will enforce the installation of final heat metering on thousands of properties by 1 September 2022. As a company with over 30 years’ experience of retrofitting heat meters into unmetered schemes in the UK, we can provide complete support with implementing projects, including finance. In our experience, installing smart pay-as-you-go heat meters inside homes achieves energy savings of 35 to 50% compared to flat rate unmetered schemes. That’s positive news for both scheme operators and residents alike.”
Further information: https://content.switch2.co.uk/meter2bill
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
- Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford | 16th April 2021
- Switch2 launches new compliance service for updated heat network regulations
- Switch2 Energy has launched its new S2 Meter2Bill service to help district heating suppliers comply with major updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations. | 8th March 2021
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland’s landmark heat network legislation
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland's landmark heat network legislation | 3rd March 2021
- Switch2 Energy announces Bitesize heat network webinar series
- Switch2 Energy has announced its new Bitesize lunchtime webinars, which cover the latest know-how in planning, designing, developing and operating heat networks. | 11th February 2021
- Switch2 welcomes improved standards for UK heat networks
- Switch2 Energy has welcomed publication of the new CIBSE CP1 (2020) Heat Networks Code of Practice, which will drive further improvements in the planning, design, development, commissioning and operation of UK district and community heating schemes. | 25th January 2021
- Webinar shows heat network suppliers how to comply with new metering regulations
- Webinar shows heat network suppliers how to comply with new metering regulations | 15th January 2021
- Switch2 Energy releases guidance to updated Heat Network Regulations
- Updated legislation for heat networks came into force on 27 November 2020. The revisions aim to drive best practice in smart metering & billing and improve network performance. | 8th December 2020
- Switch2 appointed to ProcurePublic heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the ProcurePublic framework to supply heat network metering, billing and interface equipment to the public sector across the UK. | 17th November 2020
- Webinars show housing providers how to deliver on next generation heat network ambitions
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and lawyers Winckworth Sherwood are hosting two webinars to help housing providers plan and deliver next generation low and zero carbon heat networks. | 9th October 2020
- Guide to generating and selling electricity on residential developments
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and law firm Penningtons Manches Cooper have published a free guide to selling electricity generated on-site at residential developments. | 8th September 2020