Switch2 appointed to ProcurePublic heat network framework
Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the ProcurePublic framework to supply heat network metering, billing and interface equipment to the public sector across the UK.
The new Meter, Billing and Interface Equipment Framework, which was developed with Central & Cecil Housing Trust, will help public bodies to accelerate heat network project timescales by using pre-qualified, compliant suppliers.
Following a rigorous assessment process, Switch2 has been approved to supply metering and credit billing equipment and services, together with heat interface units (HIUs) and elements of electricity and cold water metering. The framework also approves Switch2 to provide planned and responsive maintenance services for the installed metering and billing equipment.
Richard Slee, CEO of Switch2 Energy, said: “We look forward to working with Local Authorities, registered social housing providers and other public sector organisations, to help them to save time and money in delivering complex heat network projects. This framework simplifies the procurement process and provides assurance that suppliers like ourselves have been thoroughly scrutinised to deliver the highest standards of customer service and technical competence.”
Procure Public’s mission is to promote honest and dependable suppliers for the public sector. Its frameworks are procured in accordance with the UK Public Contract Regulations 2015. They provide a popular mechanism for sourcing goods, services and works in the public sector from approved suppliers – reducing project timescales, achieving savings and ensuring compliance.
Switch2 works with many of the UK’s leading housing providers across all aspects of heat network design, development and long-term operation. The company’s award-winning smart meters and BESA approved HIUs are used by 80,000 residents and 200 clients across 500 heat networks.
Further information: https://www.switch2.co.uk/
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Switch2 wins government funding to improve heat network performance
- Switch2 Energy has won funding from The Heat Network Efficiency Scheme (HNES) to improve efficiency and carbon performance across 9 of the district and communal heating schemes it operates. | 14th March 2022
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks is the topic of a presentation by Switch2 Energy at the Future of Heat Conference in Birmingham on Wednesday 30 March. | 8th March 2022
- New ICON technology helps heat network suppliers tackle gas price crisis
- The new ICON connected heat interface unit (HIU), launched by Switch2 Energy, is relieving the impact of higher gas prices for heat network suppliers and their customers. | 15th February 2022
- Procure Plus appoints Switch2 to national heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the Procure Plus framework to supply its new connected ICON heat interface units to heat network providers across social housing and the public sector throughout the UK. | 14th December 2021
- Higher gas prices improve payback of heat network metering
- Record high gas prices have multiplied the payback of installing individual smart metering systems in homes connected to heat networks, according to Switch2 Energy. | 17th November 2021
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations | 28th October 2021
- Free guide explains important updates to heat network regulations
- District heating specialist Switch2 Energy has published the Essential Guide to the Heat Network Regulations | 1st October 2021
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero | 16th September 2021
- New heat network funding opportunities
- Heat network developers and owners can find out more about two new funding opportunities to improve energy efficiency and transition to low and zero carbon technologies at a free webinar, hosted by Switch2 Energy on 16 September (10am to 11am). | 27th August 2021
- Switch2 to demonstrate next generation residential heat network solutions at Housing 2021
- District and community heating specialist Switch2 Energy will show residential heat network providers how next generation technologies can help them get ahead on net zero and regulatory compliance at Housing 2021 | 19th August 2021