Switch2 appointed to ProcurePublic heat network framework
Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the ProcurePublic framework to supply heat network metering, billing and interface equipment to the public sector across the UK.
The new Meter, Billing and Interface Equipment Framework, which was developed with Central & Cecil Housing Trust, will help public bodies to accelerate heat network project timescales by using pre-qualified, compliant suppliers.
Following a rigorous assessment process, Switch2 has been approved to supply metering and credit billing equipment and services, together with heat interface units (HIUs) and elements of electricity and cold water metering. The framework also approves Switch2 to provide planned and responsive maintenance services for the installed metering and billing equipment.
Richard Slee, CEO of Switch2 Energy, said: “We look forward to working with Local Authorities, registered social housing providers and other public sector organisations, to help them to save time and money in delivering complex heat network projects. This framework simplifies the procurement process and provides assurance that suppliers like ourselves have been thoroughly scrutinised to deliver the highest standards of customer service and technical competence.”
Procure Public’s mission is to promote honest and dependable suppliers for the public sector. Its frameworks are procured in accordance with the UK Public Contract Regulations 2015. They provide a popular mechanism for sourcing goods, services and works in the public sector from approved suppliers – reducing project timescales, achieving savings and ensuring compliance.
Switch2 works with many of the UK’s leading housing providers across all aspects of heat network design, development and long-term operation. The company’s award-winning smart meters and BESA approved HIUs are used by 80,000 residents and 200 clients across 500 heat networks.
Further information: https://www.switch2.co.uk/
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
- Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford | 16th April 2021
- Switch2 launches new compliance service for updated heat network regulations
- Switch2 Energy has launched its new S2 Meter2Bill service to help district heating suppliers comply with major updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations. | 8th March 2021
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland’s landmark heat network legislation
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland's landmark heat network legislation | 3rd March 2021
- Switch2 Energy announces Bitesize heat network webinar series
- Switch2 Energy has announced its new Bitesize lunchtime webinars, which cover the latest know-how in planning, designing, developing and operating heat networks. | 11th February 2021
- Switch2 welcomes improved standards for UK heat networks
- Switch2 Energy has welcomed publication of the new CIBSE CP1 (2020) Heat Networks Code of Practice, which will drive further improvements in the planning, design, development, commissioning and operation of UK district and community heating schemes. | 25th January 2021
- Webinar shows heat network suppliers how to comply with new metering regulations
- Webinar shows heat network suppliers how to comply with new metering regulations | 15th January 2021
- Switch2 Energy releases guidance to updated Heat Network Regulations
- Updated legislation for heat networks came into force on 27 November 2020. The revisions aim to drive best practice in smart metering & billing and improve network performance. | 8th December 2020
- Switch2 appointed to ProcurePublic heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the ProcurePublic framework to supply heat network metering, billing and interface equipment to the public sector across the UK. | 17th November 2020
- Webinars show housing providers how to deliver on next generation heat network ambitions
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and lawyers Winckworth Sherwood are hosting two webinars to help housing providers plan and deliver next generation low and zero carbon heat networks. | 9th October 2020
- Guide to generating and selling electricity on residential developments
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and law firm Penningtons Manches Cooper have published a free guide to selling electricity generated on-site at residential developments. | 8th September 2020