Salix hosted Climate Change and Sustainability Lecture
On 25th September 2018, Salix took part in City Giving Day, an annual event that unites the City’s companies through clarity and community partnerships.
The event is based around four pillars, contributing to a ‘better city for all’ – a fair city, a healthy city, a skilled city and an inclusive city.
This year, as part of Salix’s contribution towards the Skilled City pillar, Salix are inviting companies in the city to attend a lecture on Climate Change and Sustainability. The lecture will provide a valuable insight into our changing climate, as well as being a fantastic opportunity to raise money for charity.
The speaker will be Jonathon Porritt, the director of Forum for the Future, an independent non-profit working globally with business, government and other organisations to solve complex sustainability challenges. Previously a teacher, Jonathon has been a leader of the environmental movement since the 1980’s where he became a director of Friends of the Earth.
Each ticket sold will contribute towards a sixth-form student from the local community to attend the lecture, with all proceeds dedicated to City Giving Day 2018.
Businesses are welcome to purchase and sponsor multiple tickets if they wish. Tickets can be purchased via Eventbrite.
Date: Monday 29th October 2018
Location: Adelaide House, London Bridge, London EC4R 9HA
Time: 4:30pm – 6pm
For more information contact:
Matthew Caville, Technical Services Manger
telephone: 020 3786 2559 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.salixfinance.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/salix-finance
All Salix Finance News
- Salix hosted Climate Change and Sustainability Lecture
- On 25th September 2018, Salix took part in City Giving Day, an annual event that unites the City’s companies through clarity and community partnerships. | 1st October 2018
- Salix Finance announces dates and locations for 2018 Colleges workshops
- Salix Finance are pleased to announce the dates and venues for the 2018 Colleges workshops. The workshops will run from late October to November at locations across England. | 24th September 2018
- Salix Regional Meetings – September and October 2018
- Each year, Salix offer free regional meetings for the public sector to share knowledge, ideas and case study examples. | 21st August 2018
- Over £19 million of BEMS and building controls projects financed across the UK public sector
- Salix will be running workshops on BEMS and building controls for the public sector later this year in May and June. These will be an opportunity to learn more about best practise for the design and operation of these systems, as well as how Salix funding can be utilised to help with the upfront costs of installation. | 13th March 2018
- Salix Accepting Applications for University Energy-Efficiency Project Financing
- Salix has interest-free financing for available for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in England. If you are in the position to apply before March, please contact Salix to discuss funding opportunities. | 2nd March 2018
- Lincoln College set to save thousands thanks to green lighting upgrade
- For public sector organisations across the country, energy consumption is an important consideration as they look ahead to reduce their outgoing spend and minimise their environmental impact in an increasingly energy conscious environment. | 21st February 2018
- Salix College Energy Fund – Currently accepting applications
- Salix has further interest-free funding still available for Further Education Colleges in England. The funding is intended to act as a catalyst for investment in energy efficiency technologies which will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and create financial savings. | 30th January 2018
- Salix – CHP Workshops – Agenda announced
- Salix Finance is pleased to announce three CPD certified Combined Heat and Power (CHP) workshops in November and December 2017. | 27th October 2017
- Flexible finance options help investment in street lighting
- Greater flexibility in financing street lighting schemes should give confidence to authorities who are looking to improve energy efficiency and save money. | 19th October 2017
- Podcast – Flexible finance options help investment in street lighting
- Greater flexibility in financing street lighting schemes should give confidence to authorities who are looking to improve energy efficiency and save money. So if an authority is looking to upgrade its street lighting where can it turn? One option is to consider an interest free energy efficiency loan, offered by Salix to public sector bodies in England, Scotland and Wales. | 19th October 2017