Salix hosted Climate Change and Sustainability Lecture
On 25th September 2018, Salix took part in City Giving Day, an annual event that unites the City’s companies through clarity and community partnerships.
The event is based around four pillars, contributing to a ‘better city for all’ – a fair city, a healthy city, a skilled city and an inclusive city.
This year, as part of Salix’s contribution towards the Skilled City pillar, Salix are inviting companies in the city to attend a lecture on Climate Change and Sustainability. The lecture will provide a valuable insight into our changing climate, as well as being a fantastic opportunity to raise money for charity.
The speaker will be Jonathon Porritt, the director of Forum for the Future, an independent non-profit working globally with business, government and other organisations to solve complex sustainability challenges. Previously a teacher, Jonathon has been a leader of the environmental movement since the 1980’s where he became a director of Friends of the Earth.
Each ticket sold will contribute towards a sixth-form student from the local community to attend the lecture, with all proceeds dedicated to City Giving Day 2018.
Businesses are welcome to purchase and sponsor multiple tickets if they wish. Tickets can be purchased via Eventbrite.
Date: Monday 29th October 2018
Location: Adelaide House, London Bridge, London EC4R 9HA
Time: 4:30pm – 6pm
For more information contact:
Ben Hartfield, Programme Manager - Technical Services
telephone: 020 3102 6971 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.salixfinance.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/salix-finance
All Salix Finance News
- Update to Closing dates for Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme
- Salix is pleased to announce that the closing dates for the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme have been revised. | 11th November 2020
- Salix Finance to deliver Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) £1 billion Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme to tackle carbon emissions
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has launched the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme (referred to as the Grant Scheme) which will be delivered by Salix. | 5th October 2020
- ADEPT Green Finance Toolkit available
- ADEPT Green Finance Toolkit available | 12th June 2020
- Salix Colleges Workshops – Dates Announced
- We are pleased to announce that Salix will be hosting another round of College Workshops in 2019! | 29th October 2019
- New multi-million-pound programme launched to help Scottish universities reduce their carbon footprint
- The Scottish Funding Council, supported by Salix Finance, is launching a £19m programme aimed at boosting investment in energy efficiency across Scotland’s higher education institutions. | 9th July 2019
- Kent County Council set to save 67% on annual electricity bill thanks to greener street lighting upgrade
- The council is set to save millions each year on its energy bills, following the ambitious lighting upgrade programme. The county will see all street lighting units replaced with more modern alternatives, in addition to the installation of a Central Management System (CMS). | 1st May 2019
- Best of British – Salix Finance
- Salix is extremely excited and proud to be selected by the Telegraph, as a small business delivering jobs, growth and prosperity for people across the UK in their Best of British series. | 5th December 2018
- Annie Shepperd OBE wins Leader of the Year!
- The annual Investors in People Awards was held at the Roundhouse in Camden last night. The awards recognise industries which genuinely invest in their people to achieve exceptional and long-lasting results for their company. | 29th November 2018
- Salix hosted Climate Change and Sustainability Lecture
- On 25th September 2018, Salix took part in City Giving Day, an annual event that unites the City’s companies through clarity and community partnerships. | 1st October 2018
- Salix Finance announces dates and locations for 2018 Colleges workshops
- Salix Finance are pleased to announce the dates and venues for the 2018 Colleges workshops. The workshops will run from late October to November at locations across England. | 24th September 2018