Salix Finance to deliver Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) £1 billion Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme to tackle carbon emissions
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has launched a £1bn Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme as part of the Chancellor’s ‘Plan for Jobs’ commitment to support the UK’s economic recovery from COVID-19, supporting skilled jobs in the low carbon and energy efficiency sectors. The scheme will also support the Government’s net zero and clean growth goals and will be delivered by Salix Finance, an organisation with a long track record of supporting the public sector to improve energy efficiency.
Annie Shepperd OBE, Chief Executive at Salix Finance, said: “The announcement paves the way for workers in the energy efficiency sector to see their jobs secured, and, for the country to know that public sector organisations will be leading the way in reducing the carbon footprint of the UK. Salix is wasting no time in opening the application for these funds and we have a great team who are ready to support all public sector organisations who want to be part of this scheme.”
The scheme provides grant funding for energy efficiency and heat decarbonisation measures across the public sector, central government departments and non-departmental public bodies. The finance will be targeted at non-domestic buildings in England and will support the delivery of green investment initiatives to deliver significant carbon and financial savings in the public sector and stimulate the economy.
The Government has also launched a Public Sector Low Carbon Skills Fund. The fund will be delivered by Salix Finance and will enable the sector to access funding for the identification, development and management of energy efficiency projects and apply to the Public Sector Decarbonisation scheme.
Salix was founded in 2004 to tackle carbon emissions in the public sector. The organisation has so far delivered nearly 20,000 projects that have reduced almost 900,000 tonnes of carbon and saved the public sector over £200 million per year.
Which organisations can apply for the scheme and funding?
Both schemes invite Public Sector bodies, central government departments and non-departmental public bodies, to apply for funding.
The application portal is now available for eligible bodies to apply. More information about this can be found on the Salix website here.
For further information, support or guidance relating to the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme, please contact the dedicated Salix team at Grants@salixfinance.co.uk
For further information, support or guidance relating to the Public Sector Low Carbon Skills Fund, please contact the dedicated Salix team at PSLCSF@salixfinance.co.uk
For press and marketing enquiries regarding the grant scheme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact:
Qasim Akhtar, Technical Services Manager
telephone: 020 3102 6971 | email: email@example.com | website: www.salixfinance.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/salix-finance
All Salix Finance News
- Salix Finance to deliver Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) £1 billion Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme to tackle carbon emissions
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has launched the Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme (referred to as the Grant Scheme) which will be delivered by Salix. | 5th October 2020
- ADEPT Green Finance Toolkit available
- ADEPT Green Finance Toolkit available | 12th June 2020
- Salix Colleges Workshops – Dates Announced
- We are pleased to announce that Salix will be hosting another round of College Workshops in 2019! | 29th October 2019
- New multi-million-pound programme launched to help Scottish universities reduce their carbon footprint
- The Scottish Funding Council, supported by Salix Finance, is launching a £19m programme aimed at boosting investment in energy efficiency across Scotland’s higher education institutions. | 9th July 2019
- Kent County Council set to save 67% on annual electricity bill thanks to greener street lighting upgrade
- The council is set to save millions each year on its energy bills, following the ambitious lighting upgrade programme. The county will see all street lighting units replaced with more modern alternatives, in addition to the installation of a Central Management System (CMS). | 1st May 2019
- Best of British – Salix Finance
- Salix is extremely excited and proud to be selected by the Telegraph, as a small business delivering jobs, growth and prosperity for people across the UK in their Best of British series. | 5th December 2018
- Annie Shepperd OBE wins Leader of the Year!
- The annual Investors in People Awards was held at the Roundhouse in Camden last night. The awards recognise industries which genuinely invest in their people to achieve exceptional and long-lasting results for their company. | 29th November 2018
- Salix hosted Climate Change and Sustainability Lecture
- On 25th September 2018, Salix took part in City Giving Day, an annual event that unites the City’s companies through clarity and community partnerships. | 1st October 2018
- Salix Finance announces dates and locations for 2018 Colleges workshops
- Salix Finance are pleased to announce the dates and venues for the 2018 Colleges workshops. The workshops will run from late October to November at locations across England. | 24th September 2018
- Salix Regional Meetings – September and October 2018
- Each year, Salix offer free regional meetings for the public sector to share knowledge, ideas and case study examples. | 21st August 2018