Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford – will be discussed by Ian Allan, Head of Market Strategy for Switch2 Energy, at The Future of Heat Conference on 12 May 2021.
He will explain how artificial intelligence (AI) technology can be used to deliver typical 30% efficiency improvements on legacy heat networks. In this way, these schemes can be retrofitted to achieve next generation performance standards.
Ian Allan said: “Many of the UK’s existing 3rd generation heat networks operate at higher temperatures and generally run sub-optimally. But with advancements in digital technologies and AI, it’s possible to achieve lower temperature operation and much higher efficiencies. By raising performance, we’re reducing both costs and carbon emissions.”
“Heat networks provide the ultimate flexible pathway to net zero as they can be adapted to switch to new lower carbon fuels and technologies, as they become commercially viable. In the transition phase from gas to new low and zero carbon heat sources, it is essential to optimise whole network efficiency in readiness for next generation systems. “
His conference presentation will cover:
• The difference between 4th and 5th generation heat networks and their future role in heating and cooling.
• The electrification of heat and potential applications for integrating solar and heat pumps to develop zero carbon heat networks.
• How to achieve service excellence by delivering a consistent, transparent, fair and affordable customer experience.
Find out more about the Future of Heat Conference and register for the online event: https://event.networks.online/heat/agenda/
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
- Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford | 16th April 2021
- Switch2 launches new compliance service for updated heat network regulations
- Switch2 Energy has launched its new S2 Meter2Bill service to help district heating suppliers comply with major updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations. | 8th March 2021
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland’s landmark heat network legislation
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland's landmark heat network legislation | 3rd March 2021
- Switch2 Energy announces Bitesize heat network webinar series
- Switch2 Energy has announced its new Bitesize lunchtime webinars, which cover the latest know-how in planning, designing, developing and operating heat networks. | 11th February 2021
- Switch2 welcomes improved standards for UK heat networks
- Switch2 Energy has welcomed publication of the new CIBSE CP1 (2020) Heat Networks Code of Practice, which will drive further improvements in the planning, design, development, commissioning and operation of UK district and community heating schemes. | 25th January 2021
- Webinar shows heat network suppliers how to comply with new metering regulations
- Webinar shows heat network suppliers how to comply with new metering regulations | 15th January 2021
- Switch2 Energy releases guidance to updated Heat Network Regulations
- Updated legislation for heat networks came into force on 27 November 2020. The revisions aim to drive best practice in smart metering & billing and improve network performance. | 8th December 2020
- Switch2 appointed to ProcurePublic heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the ProcurePublic framework to supply heat network metering, billing and interface equipment to the public sector across the UK. | 17th November 2020
- Webinars show housing providers how to deliver on next generation heat network ambitions
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and lawyers Winckworth Sherwood are hosting two webinars to help housing providers plan and deliver next generation low and zero carbon heat networks. | 9th October 2020
- Guide to generating and selling electricity on residential developments
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and law firm Penningtons Manches Cooper have published a free guide to selling electricity generated on-site at residential developments. | 8th September 2020