Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford – will be discussed by Ian Allan, Head of Market Strategy for Switch2 Energy, at The Future of Heat Conference on 12 May 2021.
He will explain how artificial intelligence (AI) technology can be used to deliver typical 30% efficiency improvements on legacy heat networks. In this way, these schemes can be retrofitted to achieve next generation performance standards.
Ian Allan said: “Many of the UK’s existing 3rd generation heat networks operate at higher temperatures and generally run sub-optimally. But with advancements in digital technologies and AI, it’s possible to achieve lower temperature operation and much higher efficiencies. By raising performance, we’re reducing both costs and carbon emissions.”
“Heat networks provide the ultimate flexible pathway to net zero as they can be adapted to switch to new lower carbon fuels and technologies, as they become commercially viable. In the transition phase from gas to new low and zero carbon heat sources, it is essential to optimise whole network efficiency in readiness for next generation systems. “
His conference presentation will cover:
• The difference between 4th and 5th generation heat networks and their future role in heating and cooling.
• The electrification of heat and potential applications for integrating solar and heat pumps to develop zero carbon heat networks.
• How to achieve service excellence by delivering a consistent, transparent, fair and affordable customer experience.
Find out more about the Future of Heat Conference and register for the online event: https://event.networks.online/heat/agenda/
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/?p=683
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Managing the ‘perfect storm’ of heat network challenges – webinar series
- Managing the 'perfect storm' of heat network challenges - webinar series | 30th May 2022
- Switch2’s cost & carbon saving heat network technology shortlisted for top energy award
- Switch2's cost & carbon saving heat network technology shortlisted for top energy award | 23rd May 2022
- Switch2 at Smart Housing: How smart heat networks can relieve soaring costs and deliver net zero
- Switch2 at Smart Housing: How smart heat networks can relieve soaring costs and deliver net zero | 12th May 2022
- Switch2 wins government funding to improve heat network performance
- Switch2 Energy has won funding from The Heat Network Efficiency Scheme (HNES) to improve efficiency and carbon performance across 9 of the district and communal heating schemes it operates. | 14th March 2022
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks is the topic of a presentation by Switch2 Energy at the Future of Heat Conference in Birmingham on Wednesday 30 March. | 8th March 2022
- New ICON technology helps heat network suppliers tackle gas price crisis
- The new ICON connected heat interface unit (HIU), launched by Switch2 Energy, is relieving the impact of higher gas prices for heat network suppliers and their customers. | 15th February 2022
- Procure Plus appoints Switch2 to national heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the Procure Plus framework to supply its new connected ICON heat interface units to heat network providers across social housing and the public sector throughout the UK. | 14th December 2021
- Higher gas prices improve payback of heat network metering
- Record high gas prices have multiplied the payback of installing individual smart metering systems in homes connected to heat networks, according to Switch2 Energy. | 17th November 2021
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations | 28th October 2021
- Free guide explains important updates to heat network regulations
- District heating specialist Switch2 Energy has published the Essential Guide to the Heat Network Regulations | 1st October 2021