Procure Plus appoints Switch2 to national heat network framework
Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the Procure Plus framework to supply its new connected ICON heat interface units to heat network providers across social housing and the public sector throughout the UK.
The ‘Supply and Installation of Low and Zero Carbon Technologies’ framework will enable Procure Plus’ clients to achieve best value in purchasing heat pumps, solar photovoltaic & energy storage systems and heat interface units (HIUs) from pre-qualified, compliant suppliers.
Following a rigorous assessment process, Switch2 achieved lead supplier status for heat interface units. Its digital BESA approved ICON HIU enables high efficiency transfer of heat from central energy centres directly to individual homes – minimising energy costs and reducing carbon emissions.
The technology permits full remote connectivity to streamline monitoring, operations and maintenance. By gaining full visibility of property performance, operators can move to a proactive maintenance regime, where issues are identified and fixed before problems arise. This means that residents benefit from reliable, uninterrupted service.
Kirsty Lambert, Director of Switch2 Energy, said: “We look forward to working with housing associations, Local Authorities and other registered social housing providers, together with other approved framework suppliers, to support the delivery of higher efficiency, decarbonised heat networks.
“The Procure Plus framework simplifies the procurement process and can help shorten project delivery deadlines. It provides assurance that all suppliers offer value for money on a wide range of measures and can deliver the highest standards of quality, customer service and technical competence.”
Switch2 has installed its award-winning smart heat meters, together with HIUs across more than 500 networks – serving around 80,000 residents and 200 clients.. The company works with many of the UK’s leading housing providers across all aspects of heat network design, development, finance, optimisation and long-term operation.
Further information: https://switch2.co.uk/product/icon-connected-hiu/
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: email@example.com | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Procure Plus appoints Switch2 to national heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the Procure Plus framework to supply its new connected ICON heat interface units to heat network providers across social housing and the public sector throughout the UK. | 14th December 2021
- Higher gas prices improve payback of heat network metering
- Record high gas prices have multiplied the payback of installing individual smart metering systems in homes connected to heat networks, according to Switch2 Energy. | 17th November 2021
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations | 28th October 2021
- Free guide explains important updates to heat network regulations
- District heating specialist Switch2 Energy has published the Essential Guide to the Heat Network Regulations | 1st October 2021
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero | 16th September 2021
- New heat network funding opportunities
- Heat network developers and owners can find out more about two new funding opportunities to improve energy efficiency and transition to low and zero carbon technologies at a free webinar, hosted by Switch2 Energy on 16 September (10am to 11am). | 27th August 2021
- Switch2 to demonstrate next generation residential heat network solutions at Housing 2021
- District and community heating specialist Switch2 Energy will show residential heat network providers how next generation technologies can help them get ahead on net zero and regulatory compliance at Housing 2021 | 19th August 2021
- Leeds City Council partners with Switch2 to comply with Heat Network Regulations
- Leeds City Council is partnering with Switch2 Energy to achieve compliance with the updated Heat Network (Metering & Billing) Regulations. | 16th August 2021
- Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
- Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford | 16th April 2021
- Switch2 launches new compliance service for updated heat network regulations
- Switch2 Energy has launched its new S2 Meter2Bill service to help district heating suppliers comply with major updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations. | 8th March 2021