New High-Performance Fire Pump range launched by Armstrong Fluid Technology
Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the launch of a new line of high-efficiency fire pumps offering superior flow performance with lower installation and lifecycle costs, outstanding durability and ease of maintenance.
Building on Armstrong’s well-established presence in the UK fire suppression market, the new Armstrong 4600F range of Horizontal Split Case pumps meets and exceeds the requirements of NFPA, in addition to the standards set by fire protection testing laboratories such as UL, ULC and FM.
A major advantage of the new range is that it provides customers with valuable opportunities to reduce installation and lifecycle costs. As the pumps feature a more efficient design, they require smaller driver selections and controllers. So in addition to reducing footprint, the pumps draw less power overall when meeting demand, and can be supported by lower-rated electrical components. These benefits can result in cost savings of up to 20%.
The development of the new Armstrong 4600F pump range has also focused on simplifying and speeding up installation. As the suction and discharge centrelines are fully aligned, piping can be completed prior to pump delivery to reduce installation times, cutting labour costs and providing opportunities to shorten project schedules. As the pump shafts and related parts are identical for both right and left hand configurations, the new models can be reconfigured on-site if needed, to rotate in the opposite direction.
The Armstrong 4600F models are also designed to improve ease of maintenance after installation. The compact footprint provides more space around the pump for the engineer to access the equipment. The innovative tilted parting casing enables the rotating elements to be removed without disturbing the piping, and the three-piece gland seal enables the packing to be changed without removing the rotating assembly. Reassembly and commissioning times are therefore much shorter, and the requirements for multiple engineers and lifting equipment for maintenance tasks are minimised.
Lastly, the new fire pump models offer outstanding durability. The oversized stainless steel shaft is rated for a minimum of 5000 run hours, whilst sealed, permanently-greased bearings prevent seizing. Precision engineering also contributes to the long wear life of the new models. The pump’s double suction impeller improves flow performance, stabilising flow to prevent unnecessary wear to the pump body and key components. In addition the externally-mounted combination bearing and seal housing minimises shaft deflection.
Solutions for fire safety have been a key focus for Armstrong since 1975. The company’s service to the industry includes long-standing memberships with AFSA, NFPA and LPCB, as well as participation in numerous committees and boards. The launch of the Armstrong 4600F Series extends the company’s portfolio of fire pumps to a wider range of applications than ever before, with models ideal for new construction, packaged fire systems and retrofit installations up to 13,250 l/min (50Hz) and 15,150 l/min (60Hz).
The models are being released in two phases, with half available immediately and the remaining products joining the range later in the year.
All Armstrong Integrated Limited News
- Armstrong Fluid Technology receives Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development
- Armstrong Fluid Technology have been honoured with a Queen's Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development, making them the first company in the commercial-scale HVAC sector to achieve this accolade based on their contributions to sustainability | 30th April 2021
- Trial Armstrong’s pump performance technology for FREE
- Free trial of Armstrong Pump Manager | 21st April 2021
- 3-day delivery now available on top Armstrong pumps
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced that its most popular Design Envelope pumps are now available with a 3-day quick-ship delivery time. | 22nd October 2020
- New Towermax from Armstrong, takes chiller efficiency to another level
- A new control solution, launched by Armstrong Fluid Technology, will enable operating efficiencies of chiller plants to be improved significantly, delivering energy savings of up to 45% and water savings of up to 12%. | 18th June 2020
- Armstrong Fluid Technology launches Design Envelope
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the launch of Design Envelope EVERCOOLTM, a new solution for rapid deployment in mission critical cooling applications. | 18th June 2020
- Providing Building Services In Challenging Times
- Working remotely, new safety protocols, and how remote monitoring can help HVAC system users. | 27th May 2020
- Armstrong Fluid Technology appoints new CEO
- Todd Rief has joined the organisation as Chief Executive Officer. | 24th January 2020
- Armstrong Fluid Technology signs Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment
- Armstrong Fluid Technology announced that it has signed the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment, launched by the World Green Building Council. | 3rd June 2019
- Armstrong launches new IPS 4000 Controller for multi-pump installations with variable loads
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the release of the new Integrated Pumping System (IPS 4000), an automation solution for commercial HVAC pumping stations of up to 8 pumps and 16 zones. | 12th April 2019
- Armstrong’s new domestic circulator and condensate pumps now available
- Armstrong Fluid Technology’s new product lines for domestic and light commercial applications are now available and in stock. | 11th April 2019