New heat network funding opportunities
Heat network developers and owners can find out more about two new funding opportunities to improve energy efficiency and transition to low and zero carbon technologies at a free webinar, hosted by Switch2 Energy on 16 September (10am to 11am).
The webinar ‘‘Government funding for heat networks – what does it mean for the future?“, will cover the new Green Heat Network Fund and the Heat Network Efficiency Scheme.
These Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) funding programmes will support the transition to low carbon generation and improve the energy performance of existing district and community heating schemes.
Tim Ward, Stakeholder Engagement Manager for the government’s Green Heat Network Fund (GHNF), will explain how heat suppliers can now apply for capital grants under the £10m GHNF Transition Scheme funding. This will support the commercialisation of low-carbon heat network projects so that they are construction-ready in time to apply to the GHNF full scheme, which opens for applications in April 2022.
He will be joined by Alex Trebowicz, Heat Network Efficiency Scheme Lead, from BEIS, who will explain opportunities to raise the performance of legacy heat schemes under the Heat Network Efficiency Scheme – scheduled to launch later this financial year.
Webinar Chair Ian Allan, Head of Market Strategy for Switch2, will outline some of the technical and commercial solutions and challenges involved in optimising heat network efficiency and shifting to lower carbon generation.
Ian Allan said: “Heat networks have a major role to play in the UK’s urgent heat decarbonisation challenge. Our webinar will help heat suppliers from both the public and private sectors to access financial support to reduce the capital costs of transitioning to low and zero carbon generation technologies.
“Raising the energy performance standard of the UK’s existing 17,000 networks is also crucial to delivering progress on carbon reduction. Delegates will find out how the upcoming Heat Network Efficiency Scheme can help them address the triple challenge of sustainability, cost management and reliability.”
Register for the free webinar on Thursday 16 September (10am to 11am)
Further information: https://content.switch2.co.uk/webinars
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: email@example.com | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Procure Plus appoints Switch2 to national heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the Procure Plus framework to supply its new connected ICON heat interface units to heat network providers across social housing and the public sector throughout the UK. | 14th December 2021
- Higher gas prices improve payback of heat network metering
- Record high gas prices have multiplied the payback of installing individual smart metering systems in homes connected to heat networks, according to Switch2 Energy. | 17th November 2021
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations | 28th October 2021
- Free guide explains important updates to heat network regulations
- District heating specialist Switch2 Energy has published the Essential Guide to the Heat Network Regulations | 1st October 2021
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero | 16th September 2021
- New heat network funding opportunities
- Heat network developers and owners can find out more about two new funding opportunities to improve energy efficiency and transition to low and zero carbon technologies at a free webinar, hosted by Switch2 Energy on 16 September (10am to 11am). | 27th August 2021
- Switch2 to demonstrate next generation residential heat network solutions at Housing 2021
- District and community heating specialist Switch2 Energy will show residential heat network providers how next generation technologies can help them get ahead on net zero and regulatory compliance at Housing 2021 | 19th August 2021
- Leeds City Council partners with Switch2 to comply with Heat Network Regulations
- Leeds City Council is partnering with Switch2 Energy to achieve compliance with the updated Heat Network (Metering & Billing) Regulations. | 16th August 2021
- Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
- Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford | 16th April 2021
- Switch2 launches new compliance service for updated heat network regulations
- Switch2 Energy has launched its new S2 Meter2Bill service to help district heating suppliers comply with major updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations. | 8th March 2021