New booster sets from Armstrong Fluid Technology deliver energy savings with faster installation and commissioning
Armstrong Fluid Technology has launched the new Design Envelope 6800G Boosters which are easier to install and commission, save space in the plantroom, and offer outstanding energy efficient performance across a wider operating range than ever before. Bringing together the benefits of Armstrong’s Design Envelope control technology and high-efficiency IE5 rated motors, the new 6800G packaged booster range offers the contractor major advantages in installation savings and reduced commissioning time. In addition, the integrated variable speed intelligence embedded in the controller optimises energy efficiency throughout the booster’s lifetime, delivering the building owner/occupier the best return on investment.
The new Armstrong Design Envelope 6800G Boosters address the water delivery challenges of high-rise buildings by combining Vertical Multi-stage pumps with advanced variable speed controls. Supplied fully-assembled and integrated, Armstrong 6800G packaged booster sets can be configured with 2, 3, 4 or 5 pumps to suit the application. Product selection is simple and quick, with purpose-designed online selection software, along with a Return on Investment calculator tool to help contractors quantify savings for their customers based on actual project data.
Off-site manufacture means that the packaged booster sets are fully-tested prior to delivery, for quick, trouble free installation and commissioning, with minimal wiring and mounting required on site. And if design iterations occur during this process, the booster sets are capable of accommodating reasonable changes in operational demands, either during the design phase or in the future, without the expense of replacement, or a reduction in energy efficiency, due to Armstrong industry-leading Design Envelope approach. Armstrong Design Envelope solutions are sized on the basis of efficiency across a wide range of duty points, protecting against the need for re-selection, and providing energy-efficient performance across a wider range of operating conditions than other models.
Accurate assembly is guaranteed, as the boosters are manufactured by Armstrong’s own engineers, with product-specific fluid dynamics expertise underpinned by ISO quality procedures. Designed using the last 3D computer modelling, the 6800G range offers minimal footprint, and typically delivers a space saving of around 25% over competing models, with mounting on a base-frame enabling easy lifting and positioning during installation.
After handover, the building owner and occupants can be assured of lower energy and operational costs. Embedded control logic ensures optimum efficiency at all times, adjusting pump speed, and staging pumps on and off as needed during periods of high and low demand. Users can also select different operating set-points for different seasons. This optimised control capability, combined with IE5 high-efficiency motors, enables the boosters to deliver energy savings of around 15% compared to alternative models.
Visibility of pump operating data is also outstanding. Leading BMS communications protocols are supported, including Modbus, BACnet MSTP and BACnet IP.
The booster package also has its own 107mm colour touchscreen with 128MB flash memory providing a comprehensive range of information, including energy profiling and real-time pump data. Complying with industry association codes such as WRAS certification, the Armstrong Design Envelope 6800G also provides peace of mind. And if there is a requirement to re-charge the system with water, the fully-automated Softfill feature reduces the risk of hydraulic shock damage and water hammer by controlling the pump speed to ramp up gradually to a fill setpoint.
All Armstrong Integrated Limited News
- Armstrong Fluid Technology appoints new CEO
- Todd Rief has joined the organisation as Chief Executive Officer. | 24th January 2020
- Armstrong Fluid Technology signs Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment
- Armstrong Fluid Technology announced that it has signed the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment, launched by the World Green Building Council. | 3rd June 2019
- Armstrong launches new IPS 4000 Controller for multi-pump installations with variable loads
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the release of the new Integrated Pumping System (IPS 4000), an automation solution for commercial HVAC pumping stations of up to 8 pumps and 16 zones. | 12th April 2019
- Armstrong’s new domestic circulator and condensate pumps now available
- Armstrong Fluid Technology’s new product lines for domestic and light commercial applications are now available and in stock. | 11th April 2019
- New booster sets from Armstrong Fluid Technology deliver energy savings with faster installation and commissioning
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has launched the new Design Envelope 6800G Boosters which are easier to install and commission, save space in the plantroom, and offer outstanding energy efficient performance across a wider operating range than ever before. | 31st July 2018
- New High-Performance Fire Pump range launched by Armstrong Fluid Technology
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the launch of a new line of high-efficiency fire pumps offering superior flow performance with lower installation and lifecycle costs, outstanding durability and ease of maintenance. | 11th May 2018
- Armstrong Fluid Technology celebrates 4th year of sustainability initiative
- Armstrong Fluid Technology’s sustainability initiative is celebrating a highly successful fourth year, with significant energy and carbon savings achieved for customers via its HVAC solutions, as well as impressive reductions in electricity, gas and water usage at Armstrong production facilities around the world. | 29th September 2017
- Armstrong new generation launch release
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the next level of innovation in pumping solutions for enhanced lifetime building performance across its entire Design Envelope pump range from 1hp to 1250hp. | 11th April 2017
- New Armstrong Tango Pump Launch
- The new Tango range of pump solutions from Armstrong Fluid Technology offers industry-leading levels of efficiency, with built-in parallel sensorless pump control, motor efficiency exceeding IE4, embedded intelligence and connectivity, and innovative design for ease of maintenance. | 10th April 2017