New booster sets from Armstrong Fluid Technology deliver energy savings with faster installation and commissioning
Armstrong Fluid Technology has launched the new Design Envelope 6800G Boosters which are easier to install and commission, save space in the plantroom, and offer outstanding energy efficient performance across a wider operating range than ever before. Bringing together the benefits of Armstrong’s Design Envelope control technology and high-efficiency IE5 rated motors, the new 6800G packaged booster range offers the contractor major advantages in installation savings and reduced commissioning time. In addition, the integrated variable speed intelligence embedded in the controller optimises energy efficiency throughout the booster’s lifetime, delivering the building owner/occupier the best return on investment.
The new Armstrong Design Envelope 6800G Boosters address the water delivery challenges of high-rise buildings by combining Vertical Multi-stage pumps with advanced variable speed controls. Supplied fully-assembled and integrated, Armstrong 6800G packaged booster sets can be configured with 2, 3, 4 or 5 pumps to suit the application. Product selection is simple and quick, with purpose-designed online selection software, along with a Return on Investment calculator tool to help contractors quantify savings for their customers based on actual project data.
Off-site manufacture means that the packaged booster sets are fully-tested prior to delivery, for quick, trouble free installation and commissioning, with minimal wiring and mounting required on site. And if design iterations occur during this process, the booster sets are capable of accommodating reasonable changes in operational demands, either during the design phase or in the future, without the expense of replacement, or a reduction in energy efficiency, due to Armstrong industry-leading Design Envelope approach. Armstrong Design Envelope solutions are sized on the basis of efficiency across a wide range of duty points, protecting against the need for re-selection, and providing energy-efficient performance across a wider range of operating conditions than other models.
Accurate assembly is guaranteed, as the boosters are manufactured by Armstrong’s own engineers, with product-specific fluid dynamics expertise underpinned by ISO quality procedures. Designed using the last 3D computer modelling, the 6800G range offers minimal footprint, and typically delivers a space saving of around 25% over competing models, with mounting on a base-frame enabling easy lifting and positioning during installation.
After handover, the building owner and occupants can be assured of lower energy and operational costs. Embedded control logic ensures optimum efficiency at all times, adjusting pump speed, and staging pumps on and off as needed during periods of high and low demand. Users can also select different operating set-points for different seasons. This optimised control capability, combined with IE5 high-efficiency motors, enables the boosters to deliver energy savings of around 15% compared to alternative models.
Visibility of pump operating data is also outstanding. Leading BMS communications protocols are supported, including Modbus, BACnet MSTP and BACnet IP.
The booster package also has its own 107mm colour touchscreen with 128MB flash memory providing a comprehensive range of information, including energy profiling and real-time pump data. Complying with industry association codes such as WRAS certification, the Armstrong Design Envelope 6800G also provides peace of mind. And if there is a requirement to re-charge the system with water, the fully-automated Softfill feature reduces the risk of hydraulic shock damage and water hammer by controlling the pump speed to ramp up gradually to a fill setpoint.
All Armstrong Integrated Limited News
- Armstrong Fluid Technology wins Project of the Year accolade at the Pump Industry Awards
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has emerged victorious in the Project of the Year category at the prestigious Pump Industry Awards 2020/2021. | 13th October 2021
- Armstrong Fluid Technology UK expansion continues with official opening of new Droitwich site
- Armstrong Fluid Technology UK expansion continues with official opening of new Droitwich site | 13th September 2021
- Upcoming Armstrong Fluid Technology webinars
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has a busy webinar programme lined up for July and August. | 7th July 2021
- Armstrong unveils new line of outdoor pumps with permanent magnet motors up to 10hp
- Armstrong unveils new line of outdoor pumps with permanent magnet motors up to 10hp | 25th May 2021
- Armstrong Fluid Technology receives Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development
- Armstrong Fluid Technology have been honoured with a Queen's Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development, making them the first company in the commercial-scale HVAC sector to achieve this accolade based on their contributions to sustainability | 30th April 2021
- Trial Armstrong’s pump performance technology for FREE
- Free trial of Armstrong Pump Manager | 21st April 2021
- 3-day delivery now available on top Armstrong pumps
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced that its most popular Design Envelope pumps are now available with a 3-day quick-ship delivery time. | 22nd October 2020
- New Towermax from Armstrong, takes chiller efficiency to another level
- A new control solution, launched by Armstrong Fluid Technology, will enable operating efficiencies of chiller plants to be improved significantly, delivering energy savings of up to 45% and water savings of up to 12%. | 18th June 2020
- Armstrong Fluid Technology launches Design Envelope
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the launch of Design Envelope EVERCOOLTM, a new solution for rapid deployment in mission critical cooling applications. | 18th June 2020
- Providing Building Services In Challenging Times
- Working remotely, new safety protocols, and how remote monitoring can help HVAC system users. | 27th May 2020