Managing the ‘perfect storm’ of heat network challenges – webinar series
Residential heat network developers can learn how to manage the ‘perfect storm’ of regulation, rocketing energy prices and decarbonisation targets at a free webinar series, hosted by Shoosmiths and Switch2 Energy.
The webinars will help developers, owners and operators of heat networks prepare for formal regulation of the sector and meet the triple challenge of delivering affordable, resilient, green heat to customers.
Legal requirements under the impending Heat Network Market Framework and existing metering and billing regulations will be explained at the first webinar on Thursday 16 June. Attendees will also discover options to help minimise soaring energy costs and protect customers from rising bills.
The second webinar, on Thursday 30 June, will explore strategies and funding options for improving the commercial, operational and environmental performance of existing heat networks. Topics for discussion will include ways to ensure compliance and meet carbon targets, while improving affordability, along with methods of future-proofing heat schemes for the transition to net zero.
How to approach sustainable new build heat network developments is the topic of the final webinar on Thursday 14 July. This will examine design, build and operational best practice to minimise costs, maximise environmental performance and deliver long term value. The role of ESCos and energy performance contracts in minimising risk and securing service excellence will also be explored.
Webinar speakers are: James Wood-Robertson, Partner & Sector Head of Energy & Infrastructure, Shoosmiths; Ian Allan, Head of Market Strategy, Switch2 Energy, and Arran Mornin, Head of Heat Network Policy Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
The free hour-long webinars will take place from 10am to 11am and are relevant to heat network developers, owners and operators from the private housing development market. Delegates will have an opportunity to direct their specific queries to the expert panel during question and answer sessions.
Register for the fee webinar series at https://www.shoosmiths.co.uk/insights/webinars/the-perfect-storm-regulation-rising-energy-prices-decarbonisation or email email@example.com
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Managing the ‘perfect storm’ of heat network challenges – webinar series
- Managing the 'perfect storm' of heat network challenges - webinar series | 30th May 2022
- Switch2’s cost & carbon saving heat network technology shortlisted for top energy award
- Switch2's cost & carbon saving heat network technology shortlisted for top energy award | 23rd May 2022
- Switch2 at Smart Housing: How smart heat networks can relieve soaring costs and deliver net zero
- Switch2 at Smart Housing: How smart heat networks can relieve soaring costs and deliver net zero | 12th May 2022
- Switch2 wins government funding to improve heat network performance
- Switch2 Energy has won funding from The Heat Network Efficiency Scheme (HNES) to improve efficiency and carbon performance across 9 of the district and communal heating schemes it operates. | 14th March 2022
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks is the topic of a presentation by Switch2 Energy at the Future of Heat Conference in Birmingham on Wednesday 30 March. | 8th March 2022
- New ICON technology helps heat network suppliers tackle gas price crisis
- The new ICON connected heat interface unit (HIU), launched by Switch2 Energy, is relieving the impact of higher gas prices for heat network suppliers and their customers. | 15th February 2022
- Procure Plus appoints Switch2 to national heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the Procure Plus framework to supply its new connected ICON heat interface units to heat network providers across social housing and the public sector throughout the UK. | 14th December 2021
- Higher gas prices improve payback of heat network metering
- Record high gas prices have multiplied the payback of installing individual smart metering systems in homes connected to heat networks, according to Switch2 Energy. | 17th November 2021
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations | 28th October 2021
- Free guide explains important updates to heat network regulations
- District heating specialist Switch2 Energy has published the Essential Guide to the Heat Network Regulations | 1st October 2021