John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets.
The three-year contract awarded to ENGIE, covering both John Lewis and Waitrose, includes a 70 GWh/annum Corporate Power Purchase Agreement (CPPA) alongside the delivery of competitive energy supply.
There will also be an Energy Works funding allowance to support energy efficiency initiatives. As part of this, ENGIE will deliver ISO 50001 accreditation – the international standard for energy management systems – for John Lewis Partnership, in a further commitment to support the retailer’s sustainable energy strategy.
John Lewis Partnership has pledged to be net-zero carbon for its entire operations by 2050 at the latest, without purchasing carbon offsets. This will include reducing energy from the physical estate by 25% by 2028, with the assistance of ENGIE, and 100% renewable, UK-sourced electricity across all sites.
The energy supply contract and CPPA will play a key role in the supply of electricity from renewable sources. The CPPA means that the Partnership will be using power from solar generators, providing the company with a fixed price for a proportion of its energy from known certified renewable sources.
Work on certification to ISO 50001 will begin on one site in Bracknell initially, identifying opportunities for carbon and cost reduction and a tailored action plan will be produced. The aim is to complete certification for this site by the end of 2020, and then expand the scope to the rest of the portfolio.
Hugh Conway, Senior Manager Commercial & Supply Chain of the John Lewis Partnership observed: “The Partnership has had a strong commitment to minimising environmental impact for many years and we continue to challenge ourselves with ever-more rigorous targets. ENGIE’s proven expertise in reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions, along with the company’s ability to supply green energy, will prove invaluable in delivering our net-zero carbon aspirations.”
ENGIE’s Kevin Dibble, Divisional CEO for Energy Supply, added: “It’s great to be teaming up with a like-minded business that places a high priority on sustainability and protecting the environment. There is huge potential here to not just achieve great things for the Partnership but also to lead the way and demonstrate best practice to other major organisations.”
For more information contact:
Kate Bond, Head of Marketing & Communications
telephone: 07736 107151 | email: email@example.com | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- EQUANS and Mina launch integrated home, workplace and public charging solution for business fleet operators
- EQUANS (the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity) has launched a combined at-home and on the road billing solution for fleet owners, under a new partnership with Mina - the UK’s only payment solution for EV charging. | 16th November 2021
- EQUANS Director to chair CBI Public Sector Partners Council
- EQUANS Director to chair CBI Public Sector Partners Council | 11th November 2021
- EQUANS receives second Platinum EcoVadis award
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has been awarded a Platinum EcoVadis medal for the second year running. | 19th October 2021
- EQUANS appoints Jean-Philippe Loiseau as new CEO for UK & Ireland
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has appointed Jean-Philippe Loiseau as the new CEO of its UK & Ireland business, with effect from 1 September 2021 | 6th August 2021
- ENGIE launches EQUANS, a new brand for services-led activity
- ENGIE has announced the launch of a new global business, EQUANS - which will separately manage the majority of its services-led activity. | 23rd July 2021
- CEMEX drives climate action by renewing three-year partnership with ENGIE for 100% UK renewable electricity supply
- Global building materials solutions supplier CEMEX has renewed its partnership with low-carbon energy supplier ENGIE for a further three years. | 7th June 2021
- CBI Appoints ENGIE UK CEO to Public Sector Partners Council
- ENGIE UK & Ireland CEO, Nicola Lovett has been appointed as chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council. | 15th February 2021
- ENGIE and Scania team up to deliver eMobility solutions across Europe
- Scania partners with ENGIE and EVBox to develop electric charging solutions in Europe for trucks and buses | 13th November 2020
- ENGIE to help deliver zero carbon for South Somerset
- South Somerset District Council (SSDC) has contracted ENGIE to develop a net zero carbon roadmap. | 21st October 2020
- John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
- The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets. | 30th September 2020