John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets.
The three-year contract awarded to ENGIE, covering both John Lewis and Waitrose, includes a 70 GWh/annum Corporate Power Purchase Agreement (CPPA) alongside the delivery of competitive energy supply.
There will also be an Energy Works funding allowance to support energy efficiency initiatives. As part of this, ENGIE will deliver ISO 50001 accreditation – the international standard for energy management systems – for John Lewis Partnership, in a further commitment to support the retailer’s sustainable energy strategy.
John Lewis Partnership has pledged to be net-zero carbon for its entire operations by 2050 at the latest, without purchasing carbon offsets. This will include reducing energy from the physical estate by 25% by 2028, with the assistance of ENGIE, and 100% renewable, UK-sourced electricity across all sites.
The energy supply contract and CPPA will play a key role in the supply of electricity from renewable sources. The CPPA means that the Partnership will be using power from solar generators, providing the company with a fixed price for a proportion of its energy from known certified renewable sources.
Work on certification to ISO 50001 will begin on one site in Bracknell initially, identifying opportunities for carbon and cost reduction and a tailored action plan will be produced. The aim is to complete certification for this site by the end of 2020, and then expand the scope to the rest of the portfolio.
Hugh Conway, Senior Manager Commercial & Supply Chain of the John Lewis Partnership observed: “The Partnership has had a strong commitment to minimising environmental impact for many years and we continue to challenge ourselves with ever-more rigorous targets. ENGIE’s proven expertise in reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions, along with the company’s ability to supply green energy, will prove invaluable in delivering our net-zero carbon aspirations.”
ENGIE’s Kevin Dibble, Divisional CEO for Energy Supply, added: “It’s great to be teaming up with a like-minded business that places a high priority on sustainability and protecting the environment. There is huge potential here to not just achieve great things for the Partnership but also to lead the way and demonstrate best practice to other major organisations.”
For more information contact:
Matt Dracup, Energy Services Director
telephone: 07976 345933 | email: email@example.com | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
- The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets. | 30th September 2020
- Bardsley England selects ENGIE to help deliver carbon-negative fruit
- UK fruit producer Bardsley England has selected ENGIE to be its long-term delivery partner for achieving carbon-negative produce. | 3rd September 2020
- ENGIE’s fixed-price PPAs give boost to zero carbon transition
- New long-term PPA option aims to boost investment in low-carbon generation | 17th August 2020
- Workspace 2: Balancing Cost & Options
- Workspace 2: Balancing Cost & Options | 18th June 2020
- An ENGIE-led consortium is to develop a Zero Carbon Smart Local Energy System for Rugeley town
- An ENGIE-led consortium is to develop a Zero Carbon Smart Local Energy System (SLES) for Rugeley town. | 18th February 2020
- ENGIE and EDF Energy sign £350m deal to extend FM partnership until 2027
- ENGIE and EDF Energy have signed an extension to their existing long-term partnership, which will see ENGIE continue to provide a range of facilities management and specialist technical support services to EDF’s nuclear power stations in the UK until the end of 2027. | 16th December 2019
- ENGIE secures £90m long-term carbon and cost savings deal with Edinburgh St James
- ENGIE will offer low carbon, affordable heat to all homes and businesses at the £1 billion mixed use development | 28th October 2019
- Award winning digital innovation from ENGIE
- ENGIE has been named as overall winner in the Digital Innovation category of the Business in the Community (BITC) Responsible Business Awards 2019. The company was also a finalist in the Connected Places category. | 12th July 2019
- ENGIE confirms completion of first phases of refurbishment of Ffestiniog Power Station
- ENGIE, the leading energy and service company, has confirmed that the first phases of its refurbishment work at Ffestiniog Power Station, part of the 2GW First Hydro pumped storage operation in Wales, have been completed. | 8th July 2019
- ENGIE appoints Nicola Lovett as new CEO for UK & Ireland
- ENGIE, the leading energy and services provider, has appointed Nicola Lovett as the new CEO of its UK & Ireland business, with effect from 1 May 2019. | 15th April 2019