How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations
District and community heating suppliers can check the urgent steps they must take to ensure compliance with the Heat Network Regulations at a free webinar on Wednesday 3 November (10am – 11am).
With the 27 November deadline fast approaching to define building classes and assess whether it’s compulsory to retrofit final customer meters, the webinar provides a timely update and opportunity to question the experts.
The Heat Network Regulations Update Webinar is being hosted by Switch2 Energy and lawyers Winckworth Sherwood. Guest speaker is Thomas Penson, Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Enforcement Team Lead, Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS).
Speakers will explore the challenges and opportunities for heat networks and what operators and owners should look out for to comply with current and future legislation.
More than a third of the homes connected to UK heat networks are currently unmetered, so the clock is ticking to identify viable properties that must fit individual meters and then complete installations before September 2022 . This is likely to involve the installation of smart heat metering systems, which can deliver significant cost and carbon savings of 35 to 50%.
Failure to meet the installation deadline for individual metering, where proven viable, will result in criminal/civil penalties from OPSS.
The webinar is particularly relevant to heat network operators and owners from housing associations, local authorities and the private housing development market.
Delegates will have an opportunity to direct their specific queries to the expert panel during a question and answer session.
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: email@example.com | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Higher gas prices improve payback of heat network metering
- Record high gas prices have multiplied the payback of installing individual smart metering systems in homes connected to heat networks, according to Switch2 Energy. | 17th November 2021
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations | 28th October 2021
- Free guide explains important updates to heat network regulations
- District heating specialist Switch2 Energy has published the Essential Guide to the Heat Network Regulations | 1st October 2021
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero | 16th September 2021
- New heat network funding opportunities
- Heat network developers and owners can find out more about two new funding opportunities to improve energy efficiency and transition to low and zero carbon technologies at a free webinar, hosted by Switch2 Energy on 16 September (10am to 11am). | 27th August 2021
- Switch2 to demonstrate next generation residential heat network solutions at Housing 2021
- District and community heating specialist Switch2 Energy will show residential heat network providers how next generation technologies can help them get ahead on net zero and regulatory compliance at Housing 2021 | 19th August 2021
- Leeds City Council partners with Switch2 to comply with Heat Network Regulations
- Leeds City Council is partnering with Switch2 Energy to achieve compliance with the updated Heat Network (Metering & Billing) Regulations. | 16th August 2021
- Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
- Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford | 16th April 2021
- Switch2 launches new compliance service for updated heat network regulations
- Switch2 Energy has launched its new S2 Meter2Bill service to help district heating suppliers comply with major updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations. | 8th March 2021
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland’s landmark heat network legislation
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland's landmark heat network legislation | 3rd March 2021