Heat network webinar explores future technology pathway to net-zero
The Housing Forum is partnering with member Switch2 Energy to host its next Innovation Forum by webinar. The discussion will focus on the role of future technology and performance optimisation in delivering on net zero goals.
The online event: ‘Heat networks: future technologies and meeting net zero – opportunities and challenges’ is open to heat network designers, developers, operators and contractors. It will take place on Wednesday 8 July (10 am to 11.30am).
Improving energy performance is a key part of The Housing Forum’s call for Quality and Standards in housing, encouraging cross sector partnerships to achieve improved results.
Optimising performance and efficiency is crucial at all stages of the net-zero journey and. Switch2 will discuss the role of digital technologies in optimising performance and increasing visibility via smart data and remote connectivity. This is leading to energy savings of 35%.
Expert panellists from across the heat network sector will join organisers to explore how the industry can best respond to the urgent heat decarbonisation challenge and the opportunities and challenges this presents. They will discuss alternatives to natural gas, such as heat pumps, biogas and hydrogen.
The event will be co-chaired by Shelagh Grant, CEO of the Housing Forum and Richard Slee, CEO of Switch2. Speakers include Ian Allan and Simon Eddleston, of Switch2; Steve Skuse, Director of Land & Partnerships (Catalyst Housing London) and other experts from across the heat network and housing sectors.
Speakers will discuss pathways to net zero across both existing and new build heat networks and share case study examples of carbon reduction in action.
Shelagh Grant said: “To grow at the required rate and deliver the carbon savings needed, heat networks need to develop and take advantage of new and upcoming technologies. Speakers will discuss the changes required to meet the net zero target and the best ways to create smart local energy systems.”
Richard Slee said: “Digital advancements in heat metering and control & monitoring are delivering huge carbon and cost savings, but we must move away from gas to accelerate sustainability. We will discuss all the steps along the pathway to net zero and explore future technologies, such as hydrogen, that will radically improve emissions performance.”
Register for the webinar here
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: email@example.com | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Webinars show housing providers how to deliver on next generation heat network ambitions
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and lawyers Winckworth Sherwood are hosting two webinars to help housing providers plan and deliver next generation low and zero carbon heat networks. | 9th October 2020
- Guide to generating and selling electricity on residential developments
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and law firm Penningtons Manches Cooper have published a free guide to selling electricity generated on-site at residential developments. | 8th September 2020
- Switch2 Energy announces new heat network webinar series
- A new autumn series of free heat network webinars has been launched by Switch2 Energy to provide fortnightly online masterclasses for designers, developers, owners and operators of district and community heating schemes. | 21st August 2020
- Heat network webinars available free on-demand
- Community and district heating specialist Switch2 Energy has made its 'lockdown learning' heat network webinars available free on-demand to professionals from the housing, construction and property sectors. | 17th August 2020
- Webinar explores opportunities & legalities of reselling electricity to residents
- Housing developers, landlords and ESCos can learn about opportunities for generating and selling electricity to residents on heat networks at a webinar on Thursday 30 July at 10am. | 20th July 2020
- Heat network webinar explores future technology pathway to net-zero
- The Housing Forum is partnering with member Switch2 Energy to host its next Innovation Forum by webinar. The discussion will focus on the role of future technology and performance optimisation in delivering on net zero goals. | 2nd July 2020
- Switch2 will accelerate heat network development via Re:fit framework
- Switch2 Energy will help cash constrained Local Authorities and public bodies to accelerate development of low carbon heat networks via the Re:fit Framework for Energy Performance Contracting. | 10th June 2020
- Switch2 Energy supports heat networks jobs and investment drive
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy is supporting an industry drive to deliver billions of pounds worth of investment and thousands of green jobs over the next 30 years. | 8th June 2020
- ‘Lockdown Learning’ for heat network designers, developers and operators
- Switch2 Energy announces latest heat network webinars, including on-demand | 28th May 2020
- Switch2 joins heat network industry leaders to offer customers pandemic protection
- Switch2 Energy has joined with the UK's leading heat network providers to launch a new consumer protection agreement to support customers through the pandemic. | 13th May 2020