Heat network webinar explores future technology pathway to net-zero
The Housing Forum is partnering with member Switch2 Energy to host its next Innovation Forum by webinar. The discussion will focus on the role of future technology and performance optimisation in delivering on net zero goals.
The online event: ‘Heat networks: future technologies and meeting net zero – opportunities and challenges’ is open to heat network designers, developers, operators and contractors. It will take place on Wednesday 8 July (10 am to 11.30am).
Improving energy performance is a key part of The Housing Forum’s call for Quality and Standards in housing, encouraging cross sector partnerships to achieve improved results.
Optimising performance and efficiency is crucial at all stages of the net-zero journey and. Switch2 will discuss the role of digital technologies in optimising performance and increasing visibility via smart data and remote connectivity. This is leading to energy savings of 35%.
Expert panellists from across the heat network sector will join organisers to explore how the industry can best respond to the urgent heat decarbonisation challenge and the opportunities and challenges this presents. They will discuss alternatives to natural gas, such as heat pumps, biogas and hydrogen.
The event will be co-chaired by Shelagh Grant, CEO of the Housing Forum and Richard Slee, CEO of Switch2. Speakers include Ian Allan and Simon Eddleston, of Switch2; Steve Skuse, Director of Land & Partnerships (Catalyst Housing London) and other experts from across the heat network and housing sectors.
Speakers will discuss pathways to net zero across both existing and new build heat networks and share case study examples of carbon reduction in action.
Shelagh Grant said: “To grow at the required rate and deliver the carbon savings needed, heat networks need to develop and take advantage of new and upcoming technologies. Speakers will discuss the changes required to meet the net zero target and the best ways to create smart local energy systems.”
Richard Slee said: “Digital advancements in heat metering and control & monitoring are delivering huge carbon and cost savings, but we must move away from gas to accelerate sustainability. We will discuss all the steps along the pathway to net zero and explore future technologies, such as hydrogen, that will radically improve emissions performance.”
Register for the webinar here
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Webinar explores opportunities & legalities of reselling electricity to residents
- Housing developers, landlords and ESCos can learn about opportunities for generating and selling electricity to residents on heat networks at a webinar on Thursday 30 July at 10am. | 20th July 2020
- Heat network webinar explores future technology pathway to net-zero
- The Housing Forum is partnering with member Switch2 Energy to host its next Innovation Forum by webinar. The discussion will focus on the role of future technology and performance optimisation in delivering on net zero goals. | 2nd July 2020
- Switch2 will accelerate heat network development via Re:fit framework
- Switch2 Energy will help cash constrained Local Authorities and public bodies to accelerate development of low carbon heat networks via the Re:fit Framework for Energy Performance Contracting. | 10th June 2020
- Switch2 Energy supports heat networks jobs and investment drive
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy is supporting an industry drive to deliver billions of pounds worth of investment and thousands of green jobs over the next 30 years. | 8th June 2020
- ‘Lockdown Learning’ for heat network designers, developers and operators
- Switch2 Energy announces latest heat network webinars, including on-demand | 28th May 2020
- Switch2 joins heat network industry leaders to offer customers pandemic protection
- Switch2 Energy has joined with the UK's leading heat network providers to launch a new consumer protection agreement to support customers through the pandemic. | 13th May 2020
- Greystar awards 25-year heat network contract to Switch2 Energy
- Greystar has awarded a 25-year operations and maintenance contract to Switch2 Energy for its new Greenford Quay heat network in West London. | 27th April 2020
- Switch2 Energy appoints new heat network construction director
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy has appointed Simon Eddleston as Director of Construction ¬– to lead the design and build of sustainable district heating projects across the UK. | 21st April 2020
- Switch2 shares heat network know-how with launch of webinar series
- Heat network developers and operators can keep up to date on the latest know-how during the Covid-19 period via fortnightly interactive webinars, launched by Switch2 Energy. | 9th April 2020
- Webinar shows how to get more from heat network metering & billing
- Switch2 Energy is hosting a free webinar to show local authorities and housing associations how to get the most out of compliant heat network metering and billing. | 6th April 2020