Heat network webinar explores future technology pathway to net-zero
The Housing Forum is partnering with member Switch2 Energy to host its next Innovation Forum by webinar. The discussion will focus on the role of future technology and performance optimisation in delivering on net zero goals.
The online event: ‘Heat networks: future technologies and meeting net zero – opportunities and challenges’ is open to heat network designers, developers, operators and contractors. It will take place on Wednesday 8 July (10 am to 11.30am).
Improving energy performance is a key part of The Housing Forum’s call for Quality and Standards in housing, encouraging cross sector partnerships to achieve improved results.
Optimising performance and efficiency is crucial at all stages of the net-zero journey and. Switch2 will discuss the role of digital technologies in optimising performance and increasing visibility via smart data and remote connectivity. This is leading to energy savings of 35%.
Expert panellists from across the heat network sector will join organisers to explore how the industry can best respond to the urgent heat decarbonisation challenge and the opportunities and challenges this presents. They will discuss alternatives to natural gas, such as heat pumps, biogas and hydrogen.
The event will be co-chaired by Shelagh Grant, CEO of the Housing Forum and Richard Slee, CEO of Switch2. Speakers include Ian Allan and Simon Eddleston, of Switch2; Steve Skuse, Director of Land & Partnerships (Catalyst Housing London) and other experts from across the heat network and housing sectors.
Speakers will discuss pathways to net zero across both existing and new build heat networks and share case study examples of carbon reduction in action.
Shelagh Grant said: “To grow at the required rate and deliver the carbon savings needed, heat networks need to develop and take advantage of new and upcoming technologies. Speakers will discuss the changes required to meet the net zero target and the best ways to create smart local energy systems.”
Richard Slee said: “Digital advancements in heat metering and control & monitoring are delivering huge carbon and cost savings, but we must move away from gas to accelerate sustainability. We will discuss all the steps along the pathway to net zero and explore future technologies, such as hydrogen, that will radically improve emissions performance.”
Register for the webinar here
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: email@example.com | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Switch2 wins government funding to improve heat network performance
- Switch2 Energy has won funding from The Heat Network Efficiency Scheme (HNES) to improve efficiency and carbon performance across 9 of the district and communal heating schemes it operates. | 14th March 2022
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks
- Local area energy planning for low carbon heat networks is the topic of a presentation by Switch2 Energy at the Future of Heat Conference in Birmingham on Wednesday 30 March. | 8th March 2022
- New ICON technology helps heat network suppliers tackle gas price crisis
- The new ICON connected heat interface unit (HIU), launched by Switch2 Energy, is relieving the impact of higher gas prices for heat network suppliers and their customers. | 15th February 2022
- Procure Plus appoints Switch2 to national heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the Procure Plus framework to supply its new connected ICON heat interface units to heat network providers across social housing and the public sector throughout the UK. | 14th December 2021
- Higher gas prices improve payback of heat network metering
- Record high gas prices have multiplied the payback of installing individual smart metering systems in homes connected to heat networks, according to Switch2 Energy. | 17th November 2021
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations
- How to take urgent steps to comply with heat network regulations | 28th October 2021
- Free guide explains important updates to heat network regulations
- District heating specialist Switch2 Energy has published the Essential Guide to the Heat Network Regulations | 1st October 2021
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero | 16th September 2021
- New heat network funding opportunities
- Heat network developers and owners can find out more about two new funding opportunities to improve energy efficiency and transition to low and zero carbon technologies at a free webinar, hosted by Switch2 Energy on 16 September (10am to 11am). | 27th August 2021
- Switch2 to demonstrate next generation residential heat network solutions at Housing 2021
- District and community heating specialist Switch2 Energy will show residential heat network providers how next generation technologies can help them get ahead on net zero and regulatory compliance at Housing 2021 | 19th August 2021