Heat network webinar explores future technology pathway to net-zero
The Housing Forum is partnering with member Switch2 Energy to host its next Innovation Forum by webinar. The discussion will focus on the role of future technology and performance optimisation in delivering on net zero goals.
The online event: ‘Heat networks: future technologies and meeting net zero – opportunities and challenges’ is open to heat network designers, developers, operators and contractors. It will take place on Wednesday 8 July (10 am to 11.30am).
Improving energy performance is a key part of The Housing Forum’s call for Quality and Standards in housing, encouraging cross sector partnerships to achieve improved results.
Optimising performance and efficiency is crucial at all stages of the net-zero journey and. Switch2 will discuss the role of digital technologies in optimising performance and increasing visibility via smart data and remote connectivity. This is leading to energy savings of 35%.
Expert panellists from across the heat network sector will join organisers to explore how the industry can best respond to the urgent heat decarbonisation challenge and the opportunities and challenges this presents. They will discuss alternatives to natural gas, such as heat pumps, biogas and hydrogen.
The event will be co-chaired by Shelagh Grant, CEO of the Housing Forum and Richard Slee, CEO of Switch2. Speakers include Ian Allan and Simon Eddleston, of Switch2; Steve Skuse, Director of Land & Partnerships (Catalyst Housing London) and other experts from across the heat network and housing sectors.
Speakers will discuss pathways to net zero across both existing and new build heat networks and share case study examples of carbon reduction in action.
Shelagh Grant said: “To grow at the required rate and deliver the carbon savings needed, heat networks need to develop and take advantage of new and upcoming technologies. Speakers will discuss the changes required to meet the net zero target and the best ways to create smart local energy systems.”
Richard Slee said: “Digital advancements in heat metering and control & monitoring are delivering huge carbon and cost savings, but we must move away from gas to accelerate sustainability. We will discuss all the steps along the pathway to net zero and explore future technologies, such as hydrogen, that will radically improve emissions performance.”
Register for the webinar here
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
- Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford | 16th April 2021
- Switch2 launches new compliance service for updated heat network regulations
- Switch2 Energy has launched its new S2 Meter2Bill service to help district heating suppliers comply with major updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations. | 8th March 2021
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland’s landmark heat network legislation
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland's landmark heat network legislation | 3rd March 2021
- Switch2 Energy announces Bitesize heat network webinar series
- Switch2 Energy has announced its new Bitesize lunchtime webinars, which cover the latest know-how in planning, designing, developing and operating heat networks. | 11th February 2021
- Switch2 welcomes improved standards for UK heat networks
- Switch2 Energy has welcomed publication of the new CIBSE CP1 (2020) Heat Networks Code of Practice, which will drive further improvements in the planning, design, development, commissioning and operation of UK district and community heating schemes. | 25th January 2021
- Webinar shows heat network suppliers how to comply with new metering regulations
- Webinar shows heat network suppliers how to comply with new metering regulations | 15th January 2021
- Switch2 Energy releases guidance to updated Heat Network Regulations
- Updated legislation for heat networks came into force on 27 November 2020. The revisions aim to drive best practice in smart metering & billing and improve network performance. | 8th December 2020
- Switch2 appointed to ProcurePublic heat network framework
- Switch2 Energy has been appointed to the ProcurePublic framework to supply heat network metering, billing and interface equipment to the public sector across the UK. | 17th November 2020
- Webinars show housing providers how to deliver on next generation heat network ambitions
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and lawyers Winckworth Sherwood are hosting two webinars to help housing providers plan and deliver next generation low and zero carbon heat networks. | 9th October 2020
- Guide to generating and selling electricity on residential developments
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy and law firm Penningtons Manches Cooper have published a free guide to selling electricity generated on-site at residential developments. | 8th September 2020