ESTA’s Lifetime Achievement Award: Presented to Paul Martin, TEAM
At ESTA’s Annual General Meeting in June, Paul Martin a former member was recognised by his peers for his outstanding contribution to the energy efficiency and services sector.
A Mechanical Engineer and with a Masters Degree in ‘Energy Conservation and the Environment’, Paul founded TEAM in 1985. Joining ESTA in 1989 when membership was at just 17 members, he threw himself into an active role in the Association including Chairing the Metering and Monitoring group for 10 years (now known as the aM&T group) and being instrumental in introducing the first aM&T event back in 2002.
Elected to the ESTA Council and serving a decade and a half pursuing ESTA’s interests, Paul represented ESTA on various Government and Stakeholder committees including the DECC steering group for the introduction of Display Energy Certificates. He also wrote the best practice guide – EDI Billing – the use of TRADACOMS 26v3 on behalf of ESTA and has championed the use of an open standard format.
As Non-Executive Director at TEAM he has been advising on its development and business strategy, Paul provides useful insight from his extensive experience in energy management.
Prof. Martin Fry, Honorary President, ESTA who presented the award, commented: ‘Paul has made an enormous contribution to energy efficiency, and to the association, getting us on track to where we are today. it is an honour and a privilege to recognise a fellow member who has committed so much time and provided support to our cause over the years’.
In receiving the award, Paul said: ”...it felt a bit like, this is your life, but it is a real honour and a privilege to have an award like this, from your peers. It’s good to see that the Metering and Monitoring Group has grown and I’d like to thank those in the group that have kept that momentum, long may it continue”.
Paul Martin, with ESTA’s Lifetime Achievement Award
and Professor Martin Fry who presented the award (right)
For more information contact:
Andrea Shoel, Business Development Manager
telephone: 01908 690018 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.teamenergy.com
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/team
All TEAM (Energy Auditing Agency Ltd) News
- Stepping up to net zero before it’s too late
- As pressure mounts on UK businesses to be working towards the Government’s net zero target, now is the time for them to address how a net zero strategy can become part of their purpose. | 6th July 2021
- Top tips for making your HVAC more efficient this summer
- Usually, around this time of year, Heating Ventilation and Cooling (HVAC) systems can be victim to inefficient use due to inconsistent changes in the weather. | 11th June 2021
- Energy management series: Project planning
- Energy management series: Project planning | 13th May 2021
- Ofgem’s Targeted Charging Review may be delayed, but it’s not going away
- Ofgem’s Targeted Charging Review (TCR) initiative aims to modernise the electricity network and transform the management of the National Grid. | 30th April 2021
- TEAM’s latest consultancy service supports organisations affected by the updated Heat Network Regulations
- TEAM’s latest consultancy service supports organisations affected by the updated Heat Network Regulations | 21st April 2021
- TEAM Energy reinforces their Behaviour Change Programmes with Approved EnCO Practitioner accreditation
- TEAM Energy reinforces their Behaviour Change Programmes with Approved EnCO Practitioner accreditation. | 29th March 2021
- Planning for a green future, looking past the 10-point plan
- As we see a pathway out of the pandemic, TEAM’s Head of Consultancy, Timothy Holman examines what the Government’s net zero ambition really means to UK businesses and, in a countdown to the climate change summit, COP26, considers how they can be part of the journey to decarbonisation. | 10th March 2021
- TEAM address the challenges of tenant billing with new suite of services
- Our latest offering reinvents tenant billing, delivering sustainable and efficient property management. | 3rd March 2021
- TEAM enhances its Consultancy offering with a suite of new services
- As the UK’s leading energy and sustainability management consultancy, over 35 years of business, we have been a vanguard of change, growing and developing our services to better meet the needs of our customers. | 27th January 2021
- Planning for 2021 and the pathway to green recovery
- Planning for 2021 and the pathway to green recovery | 15th January 2021