ESTA’s Lifetime Achievement Award: Presented to Paul Martin, TEAM
At ESTA’s Annual General Meeting in June, Paul Martin a former member was recognised by his peers for his outstanding contribution to the energy efficiency and services sector.
A Mechanical Engineer and with a Masters Degree in ‘Energy Conservation and the Environment’, Paul founded TEAM in 1985. Joining ESTA in 1989 when membership was at just 17 members, he threw himself into an active role in the Association including Chairing the Metering and Monitoring group for 10 years (now known as the aM&T group) and being instrumental in introducing the first aM&T event back in 2002.
Elected to the ESTA Council and serving a decade and a half pursuing ESTA’s interests, Paul represented ESTA on various Government and Stakeholder committees including the DECC steering group for the introduction of Display Energy Certificates. He also wrote the best practice guide – EDI Billing – the use of TRADACOMS 26v3 on behalf of ESTA and has championed the use of an open standard format.
As Non-Executive Director at TEAM he has been advising on its development and business strategy, Paul provides useful insight from his extensive experience in energy management.
Prof. Martin Fry, Honorary President, ESTA who presented the award, commented: ‘Paul has made an enormous contribution to energy efficiency, and to the association, getting us on track to where we are today. it is an honour and a privilege to recognise a fellow member who has committed so much time and provided support to our cause over the years’.
In receiving the award, Paul said: ”...it felt a bit like, this is your life, but it is a real honour and a privilege to have an award like this, from your peers. It’s good to see that the Metering and Monitoring Group has grown and I’d like to thank those in the group that have kept that momentum, long may it continue”.
Paul Martin, with ESTA’s Lifetime Achievement Award
and Professor Martin Fry who presented the award (right)
For more information contact:
Andrea Shoel, Business Development Manager
telephone: 01908 690018 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.teamenergy.com
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/team
All TEAM (Energy Auditing Agency Ltd) News
- 6 months on from COP26, what have we achieved?
- We are now six months on from COP26, in which nations gathered in Glasgow to discuss the damage climate change is having on the world and made commitments to getting us back on track with the promise to limit global warming to 1.5°C. | 3rd May 2022
- Smart businesses combine ESOS and SECR
- Smart businesses combine ESOS and SECR | 20th April 2022
- Another Government energy strategy that fails to consider efficiency
- At the risk of sounding like a broken record, here we are again with a new energy strategy from the Government that does not factor in the role of tackling waste and investing in energy efficiency as part of solving the growing energy crisis. | 12th April 2022
- New Key Account Manager to support the expansion of TEAM’s services
- New Key Account Manager to support the expansion of TEAM’s services | 29th March 2022
- How these 7 everyday items contribute to global warming
- How these 7 everyday items contribute to global warming | 15th March 2022
- Midlands based Key Account Manager joins TEAM Energy’s growing sales team
- Midlands based Key Account Manager joins TEAM Energy’s growing sales team | 15th February 2022
- Your Electricity Distribution (DUoS) charges are changing in April: what will it cost you?
- Last year Ofgem announced changes to the way they charge consumers for the cost of distributing electricity around the national grid, known as the Distribution Use of System (DUoS) charges. | 15th February 2022
- Spreadsheets aren’t databases – is it time to change?
- Ensuring your data is good quality, consistent and reliable is important to be able to understand and report on your energy data. | 14th December 2021
- Further endorsement for TEAM’s Energy Conscious Consultancy
- One of our Energy Services newest members, Tom McLeish, is now a registered Energy Conscious Organisation (EnCO) Consultant. | 14th December 2021
- Experienced performance and contracts manager joins TEAM’s growing Energy Bureau
- Former contracts manager for Opus Energy, Matthew Cooper, has joined our Energy Bureau department to support its continued growth and deliver customer service excellence. Strengthening the company’s Service Delivery team, Matthew will manage a number of customer relationships, and help drive performance improvements across our portfolio management and bill validation service. | 20th August 2021