EQUANS Director to chair CBI Public Sector Partners Council
Sam Hockman, Divisional CEO of EQUANS UK & Ireland, has been appointed as the new chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council.
Sam leads EQUANS’ Energy and Technical Services business across the public and private sectors and has been instrumental in driving EQUANS’ ‘making zero carbon happen’ mission.
As chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council (PSPC) – a CBI standing committee – Sam will help to lead the CBI’s on-going dialogue on issues related to the delivery of public services and infrastructure, and public-private partnerships more broadly.
The appointment comes as the UK hosts COP26, and as government and the wider public sector increasingly look towards business as a trust delivery partner to support them in their net zero transition.
Commenting on Sam’s appointment, Lord Karan Bilimoria CBE DL, CBI President, said: “I am very pleased to welcome Sam as the new Chair of the CBI Public Sector Partnership Council and I am excited to be championing the value that business brings in the service of the nation alongside him.
“Together decarbonisation, technology and services have a vital role to play in helping the UK’s economic recovery. Sam brings the necessary level of expertise and drive to the council which will ensure the relationships between government and business continue to strengthen, particularly around the increasingly vital issues of building sustainability into public spending and helping the levelling up of regions across the country.”
Sam Hockman, incoming Chair of the CBI Public Sector Partners Council said: “I am honoured to be appointed as Chair at such a key time for government-business relations as we both look to address the net zero transition, the levelling up agenda, and the ongoing recovery from the pandemic.
“I am looking forward to leading the work of the Council and its coalition of business members in our efforts to not only demonstrate the collective value we bring to the Public Sector, but also to continue to reinforce the Council’s relationship with government and the wider public sector. In doing so we will ensure suppliers continue to be best placed to transparently and responsibly deliver outcomes that support the key priorities of government”
For more information contact:
Kate Bond, Head of Marketing & Communications
telephone: 07736 107151 | email: email@example.com | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- EQUANS and Mina launch integrated home, workplace and public charging solution for business fleet operators
- EQUANS (the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity) has launched a combined at-home and on the road billing solution for fleet owners, under a new partnership with Mina - the UK’s only payment solution for EV charging. | 16th November 2021
- EQUANS Director to chair CBI Public Sector Partners Council
- EQUANS Director to chair CBI Public Sector Partners Council | 11th November 2021
- EQUANS receives second Platinum EcoVadis award
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has been awarded a Platinum EcoVadis medal for the second year running. | 19th October 2021
- EQUANS appoints Jean-Philippe Loiseau as new CEO for UK & Ireland
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has appointed Jean-Philippe Loiseau as the new CEO of its UK & Ireland business, with effect from 1 September 2021 | 6th August 2021
- ENGIE launches EQUANS, a new brand for services-led activity
- ENGIE has announced the launch of a new global business, EQUANS - which will separately manage the majority of its services-led activity. | 23rd July 2021
- CEMEX drives climate action by renewing three-year partnership with ENGIE for 100% UK renewable electricity supply
- Global building materials solutions supplier CEMEX has renewed its partnership with low-carbon energy supplier ENGIE for a further three years. | 7th June 2021
- CBI Appoints ENGIE UK CEO to Public Sector Partners Council
- ENGIE UK & Ireland CEO, Nicola Lovett has been appointed as chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council. | 15th February 2021
- ENGIE and Scania team up to deliver eMobility solutions across Europe
- Scania partners with ENGIE and EVBox to develop electric charging solutions in Europe for trucks and buses | 13th November 2020
- ENGIE to help deliver zero carbon for South Somerset
- South Somerset District Council (SSDC) has contracted ENGIE to develop a net zero carbon roadmap. | 21st October 2020
- John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
- The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets. | 30th September 2020