ENGIE’s fixed-price PPAs give boost to zero carbon transition
With the introduction of fixed price options for long-term power purchase agreement (PPA) contracts, ENGIE is helping developers to overcome a major obstacle to investment in renewable and low-carbon electricity. This initiative will provide a considerable boost to accelerate the UK’s transition to zero carbon.
Building large-scale power generation assets requires considerable investment over a relatively long period of time. Until recently this was facilitated by government subsidies, but these have now largely ended making it harder to raise capital from investors. ENGIE’s new ‘bankable PPAs’ provide assurance for investors that the output from any new plant will earn a guaranteed income for the duration of the loan repayment period.
The new long-term PPA offer gives developers the option of choosing a 100% fixed wholesale price arrangement for the entire contract for agreements of up to 10 years – something that was only previously available for short-term agreements. Developers can also choose competitively priced index-linked price agreements, based on trusted indices, including seasonal fixing and Contract for Difference (CfD) compatibility.
ENGIE has an impressive track record of providing secure PPAs for all types of new-build electricity generation plant. The company also has wide experience of working with developers to agree investment-grade payment guarantees that are accepted by all major banks, funders and legal firms.
For more information contact:
Kate Bond, Head of Marketing & Communications
telephone: 07736 107151 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- EQUANS appoints Jean-Philippe Loiseau as new CEO for UK & Ireland
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has appointed Jean-Philippe Loiseau as the new CEO of its UK & Ireland business, with effect from 1 September 2021 | 6th August 2021
- ENGIE launches EQUANS, a new brand for services-led activity
- ENGIE has announced the launch of a new global business, EQUANS - which will separately manage the majority of its services-led activity. | 23rd July 2021
- CEMEX drives climate action by renewing three-year partnership with ENGIE for 100% UK renewable electricity supply
- Global building materials solutions supplier CEMEX has renewed its partnership with low-carbon energy supplier ENGIE for a further three years. | 7th June 2021
- CBI Appoints ENGIE UK CEO to Public Sector Partners Council
- ENGIE UK & Ireland CEO, Nicola Lovett has been appointed as chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council. | 15th February 2021
- ENGIE and Scania team up to deliver eMobility solutions across Europe
- Scania partners with ENGIE and EVBox to develop electric charging solutions in Europe for trucks and buses | 13th November 2020
- ENGIE to help deliver zero carbon for South Somerset
- South Somerset District Council (SSDC) has contracted ENGIE to develop a net zero carbon roadmap. | 21st October 2020
- John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
- The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets. | 30th September 2020
- Bardsley England selects ENGIE to help deliver carbon-negative fruit
- UK fruit producer Bardsley England has selected ENGIE to be its long-term delivery partner for achieving carbon-negative produce. | 3rd September 2020
- ENGIE’s fixed-price PPAs give boost to zero carbon transition
- New long-term PPA option aims to boost investment in low-carbon generation | 17th August 2020
- Workspace 2: Balancing Cost & Options
- Workspace 2: Balancing Cost & Options | 18th June 2020