ENGIE wins 1st place in the SFMI awards for the second time
Once again, ENGIE has been named as top sustainable FM company, achieving 1st place in the Sustainable FM Index (SFMI) 2018 awards. The win makes ENGIE the first company to win this prestigious award twice.
In the SFMI 2018 awards, ENGIE’s sustainability performance was subject to a rigorous desktop and in-depth two-day assessment and compared against the performance of 25 other UK FM providers. ENGIE was able to demonstrate best practice through climate change initiatives such as support for National Clean Air Day and its Clean Van Commitment. ENGIE’s newly established Scrutiny Board & Responsible Business Charter has also been key, creating a wider sense of transparency and accountability for their business that is critical in the industry at this time.
Chris Havers, Programme Director of the SFMI, said: “ENGIE are deserved winners of the SFMI. They have shown commitment to embedding a culture of sustainability across their FM business, and their approach to doing this has come through hard work in implementing a transformational programme which is led by Board level sponsors and targeted projects that drive sustainability throughout the business.”
Acclaro/SFMI Managing Director Sunil Shah also noted: “We were thoroughly impressed with ENGIE’s leadership, passion and commitment to sustainability and its transformation programme.”
Wilfrid Petrie, CEO, ENGIE UK & Ireland added: “We are delighted with this result which recognises ENGIE’s commitment to driving sustainability throughout our business and beyond, in our supply chain and with our customers in helping them improve their own performance.
“I would like to thank all our employees across the business as they help drive sustainable change and create long-term value to the communities in which we operate, thereby helping us deliver our Purpose of improving lives through better living and working environments”.
For more information contact:
Matt Dracup, Energy Services Director
telephone: 07976 345933 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- ENGIE appoints Nicola Lovett as new CEO for UK & Ireland
- ENGIE, the leading energy and services provider, has appointed Nicola Lovett as the new CEO of its UK & Ireland business, with effect from 1 May 2019. | 15th April 2019
- ENGIE announced as official Energy Partner of the Great Run Series
- Leading energy and services group, ENGIE will become an official Partner of the Great Run Series in 2019. | 9th April 2019
- ENGIE ranked 10th in LinkedIn’s top UK companies to work for
- ENGIE, the leading energy and services company, has been ranked as 10th in the LinkedIn Top Companies 2019, a list of the top 25 companies where UK professionals want to work – and where they remain once they’ve joined. | 3rd April 2019
- ENGIE signs long-term PPA with Moray Offshore Windfarm East
- ENGIE has signed a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Moray Offshore Windfarm (East) Ltd to purchase 23.3% of the electricity generated from the 950MW windfarm. The PPA is for a 15-year period, starting from commercial operation of the windfarm which is scheduled to commence in 2022. | 8th February 2019
- ENGIE supplies CEMEX with 100% renewable electricity
- CEMEX, a leading building materials supplier, working in partnership with energy, services and regeneration group ENGIE, will now be provided with 100% renewable electricity to all supplied sites. | 20th December 2018
- ENGIE signs pioneering 40-year partnership with Newcastle City Council to develop low carbon district energy
- ENGIE, leading energy, services and regeneration specialist has entered into a pioneering Joint Venture with Newcastle City Council (NCC) to develop and operate district energy schemes within the City over a 40-year term. | 18th December 2018
- EDPR, DGE and ENGIE announce the signing of financing agreements for Moray East Offshore Windfarm
- EDP Renováveis S.A. (“EDPR”), through its subsidiary EDPR UK Limited, Diamond Generating Europe Limited (“DGE”) and ENGIE announced today that Moray Offshore Windfarm (East) Limited (“MOWEL”) has successfully secured financing for the construction of its 950MW offshore windfarm | 29th November 2018
- ENGIE to provide rapid electric vehicle charging network to help improve air quality in West Yorkshire
- ENGIE, the leading energy and services group, has been appointed by West Yorkshire Combined Authority to provide a new network of at least 88 rapid electric vehicle charging points across the region. | 26th November 2018
- ENGIE wins 1st place in the SFMI awards for the second time
- Once again, ENGIE has been named as top sustainable FM company, achieving 1st place in the Sustainable FM Index (SFMI) 2018 awards. The win makes ENGIE the first company to win this prestigious award twice. | 12th November 2018
- ENGIE acquires Smart Buildings Ltd
- ENGIE, the leading energy, services & regeneration group, has announced its acquisition of Smart Buildings Ltd, a company that specialises in smart buildings solutions. | 5th November 2018