ENGIE wins 1st place in the SFMI awards for the second time
Once again, ENGIE has been named as top sustainable FM company, achieving 1st place in the Sustainable FM Index (SFMI) 2018 awards. The win makes ENGIE the first company to win this prestigious award twice.
In the SFMI 2018 awards, ENGIE’s sustainability performance was subject to a rigorous desktop and in-depth two-day assessment and compared against the performance of 25 other UK FM providers. ENGIE was able to demonstrate best practice through climate change initiatives such as support for National Clean Air Day and its Clean Van Commitment. ENGIE’s newly established Scrutiny Board & Responsible Business Charter has also been key, creating a wider sense of transparency and accountability for their business that is critical in the industry at this time.
Chris Havers, Programme Director of the SFMI, said: “ENGIE are deserved winners of the SFMI. They have shown commitment to embedding a culture of sustainability across their FM business, and their approach to doing this has come through hard work in implementing a transformational programme which is led by Board level sponsors and targeted projects that drive sustainability throughout the business.”
Acclaro/SFMI Managing Director Sunil Shah also noted: “We were thoroughly impressed with ENGIE’s leadership, passion and commitment to sustainability and its transformation programme.”
Wilfrid Petrie, CEO, ENGIE UK & Ireland added: “We are delighted with this result which recognises ENGIE’s commitment to driving sustainability throughout our business and beyond, in our supply chain and with our customers in helping them improve their own performance.
“I would like to thank all our employees across the business as they help drive sustainable change and create long-term value to the communities in which we operate, thereby helping us deliver our Purpose of improving lives through better living and working environments”.
For more information contact:
Matt Dracup, Energy Services Director
telephone: 07976 345933 | email: email@example.com | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- CBI Appoints ENGIE UK CEO to Public Sector Partners Council
- ENGIE UK & Ireland CEO, Nicola Lovett has been appointed as chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council. | 15th February 2021
- ENGIE and Scania team up to deliver eMobility solutions across Europe
- Scania partners with ENGIE and EVBox to develop electric charging solutions in Europe for trucks and buses | 13th November 2020
- ENGIE to help deliver zero carbon for South Somerset
- South Somerset District Council (SSDC) has contracted ENGIE to develop a net zero carbon roadmap. | 21st October 2020
- John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
- The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets. | 30th September 2020
- Bardsley England selects ENGIE to help deliver carbon-negative fruit
- UK fruit producer Bardsley England has selected ENGIE to be its long-term delivery partner for achieving carbon-negative produce. | 3rd September 2020
- ENGIE’s fixed-price PPAs give boost to zero carbon transition
- New long-term PPA option aims to boost investment in low-carbon generation | 17th August 2020
- Workspace 2: Balancing Cost & Options
- Workspace 2: Balancing Cost & Options | 18th June 2020
- An ENGIE-led consortium is to develop a Zero Carbon Smart Local Energy System for Rugeley town
- An ENGIE-led consortium is to develop a Zero Carbon Smart Local Energy System (SLES) for Rugeley town. | 18th February 2020
- ENGIE and EDF Energy sign £350m deal to extend FM partnership until 2027
- ENGIE and EDF Energy have signed an extension to their existing long-term partnership, which will see ENGIE continue to provide a range of facilities management and specialist technical support services to EDF’s nuclear power stations in the UK until the end of 2027. | 16th December 2019
- ENGIE secures £90m long-term carbon and cost savings deal with Edinburgh St James
- ENGIE will offer low carbon, affordable heat to all homes and businesses at the £1 billion mixed use development | 28th October 2019