ENGIE wins 1st place in the SFMI awards for the second time
Once again, ENGIE has been named as top sustainable FM company, achieving 1st place in the Sustainable FM Index (SFMI) 2018 awards. The win makes ENGIE the first company to win this prestigious award twice.
In the SFMI 2018 awards, ENGIE’s sustainability performance was subject to a rigorous desktop and in-depth two-day assessment and compared against the performance of 25 other UK FM providers. ENGIE was able to demonstrate best practice through climate change initiatives such as support for National Clean Air Day and its Clean Van Commitment. ENGIE’s newly established Scrutiny Board & Responsible Business Charter has also been key, creating a wider sense of transparency and accountability for their business that is critical in the industry at this time.
Chris Havers, Programme Director of the SFMI, said: “ENGIE are deserved winners of the SFMI. They have shown commitment to embedding a culture of sustainability across their FM business, and their approach to doing this has come through hard work in implementing a transformational programme which is led by Board level sponsors and targeted projects that drive sustainability throughout the business.”
Acclaro/SFMI Managing Director Sunil Shah also noted: “We were thoroughly impressed with ENGIE’s leadership, passion and commitment to sustainability and its transformation programme.”
Wilfrid Petrie, CEO, ENGIE UK & Ireland added: “We are delighted with this result which recognises ENGIE’s commitment to driving sustainability throughout our business and beyond, in our supply chain and with our customers in helping them improve their own performance.
“I would like to thank all our employees across the business as they help drive sustainable change and create long-term value to the communities in which we operate, thereby helping us deliver our Purpose of improving lives through better living and working environments”.
For more information contact:
Matt Dracup, Energy Services Director
telephone: 07976 345933 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- EDPR, DGE and ENGIE announce the signing of financing agreements for Moray East Offshore Windfarm
- EDP Renováveis S.A. (“EDPR”), through its subsidiary EDPR UK Limited, Diamond Generating Europe Limited (“DGE”) and ENGIE announced today that Moray Offshore Windfarm (East) Limited (“MOWEL”) has successfully secured financing for the construction of its 950MW offshore windfarm | 29th November 2018
- ENGIE to provide rapid electric vehicle charging network to help improve air quality in West Yorkshire
- ENGIE, the leading energy and services group, has been appointed by West Yorkshire Combined Authority to provide a new network of at least 88 rapid electric vehicle charging points across the region. | 26th November 2018
- ENGIE wins 1st place in the SFMI awards for the second time
- Once again, ENGIE has been named as top sustainable FM company, achieving 1st place in the Sustainable FM Index (SFMI) 2018 awards. The win makes ENGIE the first company to win this prestigious award twice. | 12th November 2018
- ENGIE acquires Smart Buildings Ltd
- ENGIE, the leading energy, services & regeneration group, has announced its acquisition of Smart Buildings Ltd, a company that specialises in smart buildings solutions. | 5th November 2018
- ENGIE enters local authority energy white label market with Cheshire West and Chester Council’s ‘Qwest Energy’
- ENGIE, the leading energy and services Group, has signed its first energy white label contract with a local authority to supply householders across the north-west of England. In the new offer launched on 24th September 2018, residents in the Cheshire West and Chester region will benefit from a new local energy platform called Qwest Energy. | 24th September 2018
- ENGIE joins with other large van fleet operators to launch Clean Van Commitment to tackle air quality in cities
- 16 of the UK’s largest fleet operators, including ENGIE are responding to the issue of poor air quality caused by vans in cities across the country by signing the Clean Van Commitment and together investing an initial £40 million over the next 2 years to drive the increase in use of electric vans. | 10th September 2018
- ENGIE to provide combined energy and services for Grant Thornton
- Services covered by ENGIE’s long-standing FM contract with leading accountancy consultants Grant Thornton have been extended to include energy, through ENGIE Assure - which guarantees a minimum 5% reduction in energy costs each year. This is achieved through a comprehensive range of innovative energy efficiency and optimisation measures. | 3rd July 2018