ENGIE launches EQUANS, a new brand for services-led activity
New €12 billion global leader in technical services, present in 17 countries
Existing UK activities in technical, FM, energy solutions and regeneration to join EQUANS
EQUANS will continue to be owned by ENGIE Group, but with a dedicated management team
ENGIE has announced the launch of a new global business, EQUANS – which will separately manage the majority of its services-led activity in a number of countries including the UK & Ireland.
By bringing together these activities under a new brand, EQUANS creates a market leader in the sector with 74,000 employees and revenues of 12 billion euros. EQUANS will be present in 17 countries – mostly across Europe, but also with significant interests in North America, Latin America and Australia.
EQUANS will provide focused support for its customers enabling them to fully embrace the energy, digital and industrial transitions, offering a breadth of expertise and services which will help build a more efficient, safe and connected world.
In the UK & Ireland, all of ENGIE’s activity in technical services & facilities management, energy efficiency and regeneration – as well as their specialist energy related capabilities (including smart buildings, green mobility, district and embedded energy, and decentralised renewables) will become part of EQUANS. This equates to a £2 billion revenue company, employing 13,500 people – a significant part of the overall new global operation.
EQUANS will continue to be owned by ENGIE, but will have a dedicated management team and operating structure, providing the conditions to further accelerate growth and service performance.
The new EQUANS brand will begin to roll-out across operations in the coming months.
Nicola Lovett, CEO of EQUANS UK & Ireland, said: “The creation of EQUANS is an exciting development for our business, placing greater focus on our core services capabilities and providing new agility to deliver a market leading service for our customers. Operating under the EQUANS banner, we will be focused on unlocking further opportunities across the built environment as our partners continue to embrace a greener, more efficient and increasingly digital world.”
Jérôme Stubler – EQUANS CEO “EQUANS is made of state-of-the-art expertise which totally responds to the needs of our customers in delivering solutions for the Energy, Industrial and Digital transitions. This is a great moment for the 74,000 employees all over the world who will form the new business. I am very honored and pleased to lead this fantastic team.”
Catherine MacGregor, ENGIE CEO, said: “We are very proud to announce the creation of EQUANS, an autonomous entity within ENGIE, known in recent months under the project name “Bright”. We are on track to deliver on our simplification plan through the positioning of EQUANS as a leader in multi-technical services and reaffirmming ENGIE as a leader in the energy transition, refocused on its growth markets and with a more industrial approach.”
The creation of EQUANS reflects ENGIE’s desire to simplify its structure and refine its existing strategy to have a clearer focus on energy infrastructure and grid-scale renewables. As such, ENGIE’s non-services UK activities in energy supply and power generation will remain part of the core ENGIE business and retain the ENGIE brand.
To find out more visit us at engie.co.uk/equans
For more information contact:
Kate Bond, Head of Marketing & Communications
telephone: 07736 107151 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/?p=924
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- EQUANS and Mina launch integrated home, workplace and public charging solution for business fleet operators
- EQUANS (the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity) has launched a combined at-home and on the road billing solution for fleet owners, under a new partnership with Mina - the UK’s only payment solution for EV charging. | 16th November 2021
- EQUANS Director to chair CBI Public Sector Partners Council
- EQUANS Director to chair CBI Public Sector Partners Council | 11th November 2021
- EQUANS receives second Platinum EcoVadis award
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has been awarded a Platinum EcoVadis medal for the second year running. | 19th October 2021
- EQUANS appoints Jean-Philippe Loiseau as new CEO for UK & Ireland
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has appointed Jean-Philippe Loiseau as the new CEO of its UK & Ireland business, with effect from 1 September 2021 | 6th August 2021
- ENGIE launches EQUANS, a new brand for services-led activity
- ENGIE has announced the launch of a new global business, EQUANS - which will separately manage the majority of its services-led activity. | 23rd July 2021
- CEMEX drives climate action by renewing three-year partnership with ENGIE for 100% UK renewable electricity supply
- Global building materials solutions supplier CEMEX has renewed its partnership with low-carbon energy supplier ENGIE for a further three years. | 7th June 2021
- CBI Appoints ENGIE UK CEO to Public Sector Partners Council
- ENGIE UK & Ireland CEO, Nicola Lovett has been appointed as chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council. | 15th February 2021
- ENGIE and Scania team up to deliver eMobility solutions across Europe
- Scania partners with ENGIE and EVBox to develop electric charging solutions in Europe for trucks and buses | 13th November 2020
- ENGIE to help deliver zero carbon for South Somerset
- South Somerset District Council (SSDC) has contracted ENGIE to develop a net zero carbon roadmap. | 21st October 2020
- John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
- The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets. | 30th September 2020