ENGIE and Scania team up to deliver eMobility solutions across Europe
ENGIE and its subsidiary EVBox Group have entered into a four-year partnership with Scania to deliver to transport providers in 13 European countries – including the UK – made-to-measure, comprehensive eMobility solutions. This partnership will be for trucks and buses, and will provide Scania’s clients with overall solutions to meet their eMobility needs. It will include made-to-measure solutions to meet the fleet’s and depot’s actual management requirements, as well as those of electric HGVs. It will also cover smart charging infrastructure, service and maintenance and the provision of green energy, as well as financing.
To support its clients throughout the electrification process, Scania will provide electric vehicles and electric charging solutions:
- EVBox Group is providing Scania with smart, scalable high-power charging solutions tailored to meet the needs of its clients including hardware and software.
- ENGIE will design, offer, install and maintain the electric charging solutions and associated services for Scania clients across various key regions.
The partnership between the three companies will begin with operations in 13 European countries. These will be extended to include other regions starting at the end of 2021. ENGIE and EVBox Group will be working together with trusted regional partners, such as Caverion and Alpiq.
Alexander Vlaskamp, Scania’s Head of Sales and Marketing said: “a complete charging solution encompasses energy supply, charging hardware and software, as well as installation, maintenance and other associated services tailored to meet each client’s specific requirements. This strong partnership with ENGIE and EVBox Group will simplify our clients’ transition over to an increasingly electrified fleet on the path towards a more sustainable transport sector”.
Shankar Krishnamoorthy, ENGIE’s Executive Vice President said: “Scania and ENGIE share the same vision and ambition to drive the shift towards sustainable transport solutions. This European partnership covering electric trucks and buses has come about through mutual trust developed over the course of our long-established collaboration focusing on gas mobility. We are proud to be joining forces on this new electric truck segment, which offers promising potential regarding urban and peri-urban usage. ENGIE is delighted to be designing, producing, installing and maintaining leading charging solutions and associated services for Scania clients, which will benefit both from its own European network of qualified technicians and from partners’ regional networks.”
Kristof Vereenooghe, EVBox Group CEO said “The electrification of transit and transport is one of the key initiatives for reducing emissions especially since transport accounts for almost a quarter of Europe’s greenhouse gas emissions. This partnership presents new opportunities for EVBox Group, and with over ten years of experience, we’re confident that our expertise and competitive solutions will support Scania in achieving its business and sustainability goals”.
ENGIE, as a leading provider of green mobility solutions, is developing a range of solutions tailored to its clients’ needs, such as urban planning consultancy services, public transport solutions (electrification, installation of signalling systems), solutions using alternative fuels (electricity, natural gas and hydrogen) and digital platforms for improving traffic flows.
For more information contact:
Kate Bond, Head of Marketing & Communications
telephone: 07736 107151 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- EQUANS appoints Jean-Philippe Loiseau as new CEO for UK & Ireland
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has appointed Jean-Philippe Loiseau as the new CEO of its UK & Ireland business, with effect from 1 September 2021 | 6th August 2021
- ENGIE launches EQUANS, a new brand for services-led activity
- ENGIE has announced the launch of a new global business, EQUANS - which will separately manage the majority of its services-led activity. | 23rd July 2021
- CEMEX drives climate action by renewing three-year partnership with ENGIE for 100% UK renewable electricity supply
- Global building materials solutions supplier CEMEX has renewed its partnership with low-carbon energy supplier ENGIE for a further three years. | 7th June 2021
- CBI Appoints ENGIE UK CEO to Public Sector Partners Council
- ENGIE UK & Ireland CEO, Nicola Lovett has been appointed as chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council. | 15th February 2021
- ENGIE and Scania team up to deliver eMobility solutions across Europe
- Scania partners with ENGIE and EVBox to develop electric charging solutions in Europe for trucks and buses | 13th November 2020
- ENGIE to help deliver zero carbon for South Somerset
- South Somerset District Council (SSDC) has contracted ENGIE to develop a net zero carbon roadmap. | 21st October 2020
- John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
- The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets. | 30th September 2020
- Bardsley England selects ENGIE to help deliver carbon-negative fruit
- UK fruit producer Bardsley England has selected ENGIE to be its long-term delivery partner for achieving carbon-negative produce. | 3rd September 2020
- ENGIE’s fixed-price PPAs give boost to zero carbon transition
- New long-term PPA option aims to boost investment in low-carbon generation | 17th August 2020
- Workspace 2: Balancing Cost & Options
- Workspace 2: Balancing Cost & Options | 18th June 2020