ENGIE and EDF Energy sign £350m deal to extend FM partnership until 2027
ENGIE and EDF Energy have signed an extension to their existing long-term partnership, which will see ENGIE continue to provide a range of facilities management and specialist technical support services to EDF’s nuclear power stations in the UK until the end of 2027.
Having delivered services to EDF Energy since 2008, ENGIE now has more than 1,100 employees covering over 150 service lines at eight nuclear power stations across the UK and at two coal and one gas power stations in Nottinghamshire. Services include facilities management and additional support through project delivery and specialist technical maintenance. In addition, ENGIE also stores, maintains and deploys all the emergency response plant and equipment for the nuclear fleet.
ENGIE’s existing contract to support EDF Energy’s nuclear power stations, expires at the end of Q1 2022. The new £350 million extension covers the period 2022 – 2027.
The extension will also involve substantial investment in technology by ENGIE, as well as re-designed workflows to drive further cost efficiencies across the portfolio.
Nicola Lovett, CEO for ENGIE UK & Ireland, commented: “In the 10 years that we have been working in partnership with EDF Energy we have developed a strong relationship based on shared values and goals. This latest contract extension is testament to our capacity to deliver specialist services which add value to EDF Energy’s activities and their faith in our ability to provide a customer solution that fully supports their operations.”
Paul Garrad, Head of Supply Chain for EDF Energy Generation said: “This significant extension to the facilities management partnership has been secured by ENGIE through their demonstration of ability to deliver value. This has been achieved through a fantastic workforce delivering a range of fleet-wide services, all in support of safe, reliable generation.”
L-R: John Jago (ENGIE, sitting), Ian Marlow (ENGIE), Paul Garrad (EDF), Matt Sykes (EDF, sitting), Jon Clay (EDF).
For more information contact:
Matt Dracup, Energy Services Director
telephone: 07976 345933 | email: email@example.com | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- ENGIE and EDF Energy sign £350m deal to extend FM partnership until 2027
- ENGIE and EDF Energy have signed an extension to their existing long-term partnership, which will see ENGIE continue to provide a range of facilities management and specialist technical support services to EDF’s nuclear power stations in the UK until the end of 2027. | 16th December 2019
- ENGIE secures £90m long-term carbon and cost savings deal with Edinburgh St James
- ENGIE will offer low carbon, affordable heat to all homes and businesses at the £1 billion mixed use development | 28th October 2019
- Award winning digital innovation from ENGIE
- ENGIE has been named as overall winner in the Digital Innovation category of the Business in the Community (BITC) Responsible Business Awards 2019. The company was also a finalist in the Connected Places category. | 12th July 2019
- ENGIE confirms completion of first phases of refurbishment of Ffestiniog Power Station
- ENGIE, the leading energy and service company, has confirmed that the first phases of its refurbishment work at Ffestiniog Power Station, part of the 2GW First Hydro pumped storage operation in Wales, have been completed. | 8th July 2019
- ENGIE appoints Nicola Lovett as new CEO for UK & Ireland
- ENGIE, the leading energy and services provider, has appointed Nicola Lovett as the new CEO of its UK & Ireland business, with effect from 1 May 2019. | 15th April 2019
- ENGIE announced as official Energy Partner of the Great Run Series
- Leading energy and services group, ENGIE will become an official Partner of the Great Run Series in 2019. | 9th April 2019
- ENGIE ranked 10th in LinkedIn’s top UK companies to work for
- ENGIE, the leading energy and services company, has been ranked as 10th in the LinkedIn Top Companies 2019, a list of the top 25 companies where UK professionals want to work – and where they remain once they’ve joined. | 3rd April 2019
- ENGIE signs long-term PPA with Moray Offshore Windfarm East
- ENGIE has signed a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Moray Offshore Windfarm (East) Ltd to purchase 23.3% of the electricity generated from the 950MW windfarm. The PPA is for a 15-year period, starting from commercial operation of the windfarm which is scheduled to commence in 2022. | 8th February 2019
- ENGIE supplies CEMEX with 100% renewable electricity
- CEMEX, a leading building materials supplier, working in partnership with energy, services and regeneration group ENGIE, will now be provided with 100% renewable electricity to all supplied sites. | 20th December 2018
- ENGIE signs pioneering 40-year partnership with Newcastle City Council to develop low carbon district energy
- ENGIE, leading energy, services and regeneration specialist has entered into a pioneering Joint Venture with Newcastle City Council (NCC) to develop and operate district energy schemes within the City over a 40-year term. | 18th December 2018