ENGIE and EDF Energy sign £350m deal to extend FM partnership until 2027
ENGIE and EDF Energy have signed an extension to their existing long-term partnership, which will see ENGIE continue to provide a range of facilities management and specialist technical support services to EDF’s nuclear power stations in the UK until the end of 2027.
Having delivered services to EDF Energy since 2008, ENGIE now has more than 1,100 employees covering over 150 service lines at eight nuclear power stations across the UK and at two coal and one gas power stations in Nottinghamshire. Services include facilities management and additional support through project delivery and specialist technical maintenance. In addition, ENGIE also stores, maintains and deploys all the emergency response plant and equipment for the nuclear fleet.
ENGIE’s existing contract to support EDF Energy’s nuclear power stations, expires at the end of Q1 2022. The new £350 million extension covers the period 2022 – 2027.
The extension will also involve substantial investment in technology by ENGIE, as well as re-designed workflows to drive further cost efficiencies across the portfolio.
Nicola Lovett, CEO for ENGIE UK & Ireland, commented: “In the 10 years that we have been working in partnership with EDF Energy we have developed a strong relationship based on shared values and goals. This latest contract extension is testament to our capacity to deliver specialist services which add value to EDF Energy’s activities and their faith in our ability to provide a customer solution that fully supports their operations.”
Paul Garrad, Head of Supply Chain for EDF Energy Generation said: “This significant extension to the facilities management partnership has been secured by ENGIE through their demonstration of ability to deliver value. This has been achieved through a fantastic workforce delivering a range of fleet-wide services, all in support of safe, reliable generation.”
L-R: John Jago (ENGIE, sitting), Ian Marlow (ENGIE), Paul Garrad (EDF), Matt Sykes (EDF, sitting), Jon Clay (EDF).
For more information contact:
Matt Dracup, Energy Services Director
telephone: 07976 345933 | email: email@example.com | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- ENGIE to help deliver zero carbon for South Somerset
- South Somerset District Council (SSDC) has contracted ENGIE to develop a net zero carbon roadmap. | 21st October 2020
- John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
- The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets. | 30th September 2020
- Bardsley England selects ENGIE to help deliver carbon-negative fruit
- UK fruit producer Bardsley England has selected ENGIE to be its long-term delivery partner for achieving carbon-negative produce. | 3rd September 2020
- ENGIE’s fixed-price PPAs give boost to zero carbon transition
- New long-term PPA option aims to boost investment in low-carbon generation | 17th August 2020
- Workspace 2: Balancing Cost & Options
- Workspace 2: Balancing Cost & Options | 18th June 2020
- An ENGIE-led consortium is to develop a Zero Carbon Smart Local Energy System for Rugeley town
- An ENGIE-led consortium is to develop a Zero Carbon Smart Local Energy System (SLES) for Rugeley town. | 18th February 2020
- ENGIE and EDF Energy sign £350m deal to extend FM partnership until 2027
- ENGIE and EDF Energy have signed an extension to their existing long-term partnership, which will see ENGIE continue to provide a range of facilities management and specialist technical support services to EDF’s nuclear power stations in the UK until the end of 2027. | 16th December 2019
- ENGIE secures £90m long-term carbon and cost savings deal with Edinburgh St James
- ENGIE will offer low carbon, affordable heat to all homes and businesses at the £1 billion mixed use development | 28th October 2019
- Award winning digital innovation from ENGIE
- ENGIE has been named as overall winner in the Digital Innovation category of the Business in the Community (BITC) Responsible Business Awards 2019. The company was also a finalist in the Connected Places category. | 12th July 2019
- ENGIE confirms completion of first phases of refurbishment of Ffestiniog Power Station
- ENGIE, the leading energy and service company, has confirmed that the first phases of its refurbishment work at Ffestiniog Power Station, part of the 2GW First Hydro pumped storage operation in Wales, have been completed. | 8th July 2019