Discover latest changes to heat network regulations at seminar roadshow
The latest updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations will be announced at Switch2 Energy’s breakfast seminar road show this November in London and Leeds.
Switch2 Energy is hosting the free breakfast briefings in partnership with Penningtons Manches Cooper (in London on Thursday 14 November) and Addleshaw Goddard (in Leeds on Thursday 21 November).
Delegates from the housing and energy sectors will hear the latest legislation updates affecting district and community heating schemes from new regulator the Office for Product Safety & Standards.
Legal experts will explain the steps heat network operators must take to comply with the regulations, while Switch2 Energy will cover the role of digital technologies and advanced analytics in addressing the compliance challenge and improving the performance of district and community heating schemes.
The Office for Product Safety & Standards’ Enforcement Manager, Mili Malic, will brief the audience on changes to the Duty of Notification process. This is an onerous obligation affecting all heat suppliers, who must inform the regulator about their heat network scheme every four years. Many schemes will now be approaching their four-year compliance anniversary since first issuing notification in 2015.
Mili Malic will also update delegates on the next phase of heat network regulations consultation, which will include proposals for a new methodology to assess the viability of retrofitting final customer meters to existing un-metered buildings. This requirement had been delayed due to technical challenges. The consultation will also include proposals to extend the scope of the current requirements on accuracy, maintenance and billing to all heat metering devices.
The Heat Network Billing and Metering Regulations mean that it is compulsory to install final customer meters and point of entry meters in new build heat network developments and the majority of major refurbishment projects. Another key requirement is that customers must be billed using actual meter readings, rather than estimates. In addition, billing information must be both informative and transparent.
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: email@example.com | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Webinar explores opportunities & legalities of reselling electricity to residents
- Housing developers, landlords and ESCos can learn about opportunities for generating and selling electricity to residents on heat networks at a webinar on Thursday 30 July at 10am. | 20th July 2020
- Heat network webinar explores future technology pathway to net-zero
- The Housing Forum is partnering with member Switch2 Energy to host its next Innovation Forum by webinar. The discussion will focus on the role of future technology and performance optimisation in delivering on net zero goals. | 2nd July 2020
- Switch2 will accelerate heat network development via Re:fit framework
- Switch2 Energy will help cash constrained Local Authorities and public bodies to accelerate development of low carbon heat networks via the Re:fit Framework for Energy Performance Contracting. | 10th June 2020
- Switch2 Energy supports heat networks jobs and investment drive
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy is supporting an industry drive to deliver billions of pounds worth of investment and thousands of green jobs over the next 30 years. | 8th June 2020
- ‘Lockdown Learning’ for heat network designers, developers and operators
- Switch2 Energy announces latest heat network webinars, including on-demand | 28th May 2020
- Switch2 joins heat network industry leaders to offer customers pandemic protection
- Switch2 Energy has joined with the UK's leading heat network providers to launch a new consumer protection agreement to support customers through the pandemic. | 13th May 2020
- Greystar awards 25-year heat network contract to Switch2 Energy
- Greystar has awarded a 25-year operations and maintenance contract to Switch2 Energy for its new Greenford Quay heat network in West London. | 27th April 2020
- Switch2 Energy appoints new heat network construction director
- Heat network specialist Switch2 Energy has appointed Simon Eddleston as Director of Construction ¬– to lead the design and build of sustainable district heating projects across the UK. | 21st April 2020
- Switch2 shares heat network know-how with launch of webinar series
- Heat network developers and operators can keep up to date on the latest know-how during the Covid-19 period via fortnightly interactive webinars, launched by Switch2 Energy. | 9th April 2020
- Webinar shows how to get more from heat network metering & billing
- Switch2 Energy is hosting a free webinar to show local authorities and housing associations how to get the most out of compliant heat network metering and billing. | 6th April 2020