Discover latest changes to heat network regulations at seminar roadshow
The latest updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations will be announced at Switch2 Energy’s breakfast seminar road show this November in London and Leeds.
Switch2 Energy is hosting the free breakfast briefings in partnership with Penningtons Manches Cooper (in London on Thursday 14 November) and Addleshaw Goddard (in Leeds on Thursday 21 November).
Delegates from the housing and energy sectors will hear the latest legislation updates affecting district and community heating schemes from new regulator the Office for Product Safety & Standards.
Legal experts will explain the steps heat network operators must take to comply with the regulations, while Switch2 Energy will cover the role of digital technologies and advanced analytics in addressing the compliance challenge and improving the performance of district and community heating schemes.
The Office for Product Safety & Standards’ Enforcement Manager, Mili Malic, will brief the audience on changes to the Duty of Notification process. This is an onerous obligation affecting all heat suppliers, who must inform the regulator about their heat network scheme every four years. Many schemes will now be approaching their four-year compliance anniversary since first issuing notification in 2015.
Mili Malic will also update delegates on the next phase of heat network regulations consultation, which will include proposals for a new methodology to assess the viability of retrofitting final customer meters to existing un-metered buildings. This requirement had been delayed due to technical challenges. The consultation will also include proposals to extend the scope of the current requirements on accuracy, maintenance and billing to all heat metering devices.
The Heat Network Billing and Metering Regulations mean that it is compulsory to install final customer meters and point of entry meters in new build heat network developments and the majority of major refurbishment projects. Another key requirement is that customers must be billed using actual meter readings, rather than estimates. In addition, billing information must be both informative and transparent.
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: email@example.com | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Workshops show how to get the best from your heat network
- Workshops show how to get the best from your heat network | 14th January 2020
- Discover heat network regulation and compliance updates
- Discover heat network regulation and compliance updates | 8th January 2020
- Don’t forget urgent climate challenge of domestic heat decarbonisation
- The tough challenge of heat decarbonisation mustn't be forgotten by global policymakers at the UN climate change conference, says heat network specialist Ian Allan, of Switch2 Energy. | 4th December 2019
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Council selects Switch2 for heat metering project
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council has appointed Switch2 Energy to provide metering and billing services for five communal heating schemes. | 2nd December 2019
- Updates to heat network regulations announced
- Updates to heat network regulations announced. | 12th November 2019
- Discover latest changes to heat network regulations at seminar roadshow
- The latest updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations will be announced at Switch2 Energy's breakfast seminar road show this November in London and Leeds. | 18th October 2019
- New updates to heat network regulations to be announced at seminar roadshow
- Changes to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations and compliance best practice will be discussed at Switch2 Energy's autumn breakfast seminar series. | 22nd August 2019
- Switch2 Energy celebrates double success with Fife Council
- Switch2 Energy is celebrating double success following seven contract wins from the Fife Council Heat Metering & Billing Services Framework, along with news that it has been approved to supply an extended range of heat network services and products | 9th August 2019
- Net Zero 2050: “A little less conversation, a little more action please”
- Switch2 Energy urges the government to take urgent action on heat decarbonisation to deliver on targeted net zero emissions by 2050. | 21st June 2019
- How heat networks can clean up gas guzzling homes
- Switch2 Energy shows how to decarbonise domestic heat at upcoming London Climate Action Week events | 17th June 2019