Discover latest changes to heat network regulations at seminar roadshow
The latest updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations will be announced at Switch2 Energy’s breakfast seminar road show this November in London and Leeds.
Switch2 Energy is hosting the free breakfast briefings in partnership with Penningtons Manches Cooper (in London on Thursday 14 November) and Addleshaw Goddard (in Leeds on Thursday 21 November).
Delegates from the housing and energy sectors will hear the latest legislation updates affecting district and community heating schemes from new regulator the Office for Product Safety & Standards.
Legal experts will explain the steps heat network operators must take to comply with the regulations, while Switch2 Energy will cover the role of digital technologies and advanced analytics in addressing the compliance challenge and improving the performance of district and community heating schemes.
The Office for Product Safety & Standards’ Enforcement Manager, Mili Malic, will brief the audience on changes to the Duty of Notification process. This is an onerous obligation affecting all heat suppliers, who must inform the regulator about their heat network scheme every four years. Many schemes will now be approaching their four-year compliance anniversary since first issuing notification in 2015.
Mili Malic will also update delegates on the next phase of heat network regulations consultation, which will include proposals for a new methodology to assess the viability of retrofitting final customer meters to existing un-metered buildings. This requirement had been delayed due to technical challenges. The consultation will also include proposals to extend the scope of the current requirements on accuracy, maintenance and billing to all heat metering devices.
The Heat Network Billing and Metering Regulations mean that it is compulsory to install final customer meters and point of entry meters in new build heat network developments and the majority of major refurbishment projects. Another key requirement is that customers must be billed using actual meter readings, rather than estimates. In addition, billing information must be both informative and transparent.
For more information contact:
John Kennerley, Technical Sales Advisor
telephone: 0330 053 5599 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.switch2.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/switch2-energy-limited
All Switch2 Energy Limited News
- Free guide explains important updates to heat network regulations
- District heating specialist Switch2 Energy has published the Essential Guide to the Heat Network Regulations | 1st October 2021
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero
- Heat networks: Making the cost effective transition to net zero | 16th September 2021
- New heat network funding opportunities
- Heat network developers and owners can find out more about two new funding opportunities to improve energy efficiency and transition to low and zero carbon technologies at a free webinar, hosted by Switch2 Energy on 16 September (10am to 11am). | 27th August 2021
- Switch2 to demonstrate next generation residential heat network solutions at Housing 2021
- District and community heating specialist Switch2 Energy will show residential heat network providers how next generation technologies can help them get ahead on net zero and regulatory compliance at Housing 2021 | 19th August 2021
- Leeds City Council partners with Switch2 to comply with Heat Network Regulations
- Leeds City Council is partnering with Switch2 Energy to achieve compliance with the updated Heat Network (Metering & Billing) Regulations. | 16th August 2021
- Retrofitting heat networks for affordable carbon reduction
- Retrofitting heat networks for decarbonisation – at a price customers can afford | 16th April 2021
- Switch2 launches new compliance service for updated heat network regulations
- Switch2 Energy has launched its new S2 Meter2Bill service to help district heating suppliers comply with major updates to the Heat Network (Metering and Billing) Regulations. | 8th March 2021
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland’s landmark heat network legislation
- Switch2 Energy welcomes Scotland's landmark heat network legislation | 3rd March 2021
- Switch2 Energy announces Bitesize heat network webinar series
- Switch2 Energy has announced its new Bitesize lunchtime webinars, which cover the latest know-how in planning, designing, developing and operating heat networks. | 11th February 2021
- Switch2 welcomes improved standards for UK heat networks
- Switch2 Energy has welcomed publication of the new CIBSE CP1 (2020) Heat Networks Code of Practice, which will drive further improvements in the planning, design, development, commissioning and operation of UK district and community heating schemes. | 25th January 2021