Centrica and NEC announce energy service partnership
Centrica Business Solutions will provide heat and power to the NEC site through the design, installation, operation and maintenance of three gas generators, including an 850 kWe Combined Heat and Power unit (CHP).
It’s the first deal of its type for Centrica Business Solutions, which will finance the delivery of the project – repaid from the energy savings made over the asset life. British Gas Business will supply the top up electricity for the site.
The deal will see the NEC reduce its energy costs and improve energy resilience on site, as a result of being less reliant on grid power. It will also future proof the site to take advantage of Demand Side Response activity including operating on the capacity market.
Alan Barlow, Director of UK & Ireland for Centrica Business Solutions, said: “The nature of a venue such as the NEC is that its electricity use is incredibly varied, with large shows creating a high demand for power, while the periods between the shows have limited demand. By transitioning to decentralised power the venue is now able to generate additional revenue by selling this additional capacity to the grid.”
Ian Taylor, Acting Managing Director of Conventions & Exhibitions at the NEC, said: “The partnership with Centrica Business Solutions will deliver significant energy savings to the NEC. Sustainability is still a primary business focus for the NEC Group and this project will significantly enhance our sustainable working and environmental impact.”
Centrica Business Solutions’ Energy as a Service (EaaS) bundle includes design, installation and financing of electricity supply, monitoring of energy usage and energy optimisation.
Alan Barlow added: “Our research found that over a third of businesses rank energy security and resilience as an organisational risk. We’re aiming to provide peace of mind to our customers helping them with investment in energy solutions, improve their energy security and provide energy costs savings. This also helps our customers transition to a sustainable future without needing to find significant capital.”
The construction and commissioning of the NEC project is expected to take around 12 months.
Find out how Centrica Business Solutions’ Energy as a Service bundle can help you unlock advanced energy savings: https://www.centricabusinesssolutions.com/energy-solutions/products/energy-as-a-service
For more information contact:
Ian Hopkins, Sales Director
telephone: 07989 494454 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.centricabusinesssolutions.com
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/centrica-business-solutions-uk-limited
All Centrica Business Solutions UK Limited News
- On route to sustainability – Manchester’s green buses powered by Centrica technology
- Stagecoach’s newly opened green mass transportation scheme in Manchester is being powered by Centrica’s Electric Vehicle (EV) enablement solution. | 11th September 2020
- Webinar: Lessons from switching to an EV Fleet
- Webinar: Lessons from switching to an EV Fleet | 7th September 2020
- Centrica and NEC announce energy service partnership
- Work is underway on a major energy project at the NEC, Birmingham, which will see the UK’s leading events venue generate its power needs onsite. | 20th August 2020
- Centrica Business Solutions supports Build Back Better revolution with capital-free energy generation product
- Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) has extended its range of financing options with the launch of an Energy as a Service bundle that includes the design, installation and financing of on-site power generation. | 18th June 2020
- Centrica and AVK to partner in the delivery of data centre energy solutions
- Centrica Business Solutions and AVK have signed an exclusive collaboration agreement to co-develop solutions for the data centre market utilising gas engine power generation systems and other energy technologies. | 26th May 2020
- Centrica – New guide shows how to manage energy costs in challenging times
- Centrica Business Solutions has published a new guide that details five opportunities to help businesses manage energy costs in challenging times. | 4th May 2020
- Free webinar shows businesses how to accelerate the electric vehicle transition
- The 'Accelerating the Electric Vehicle Drive' webinar is being hosted by Centrica Business Solutions, which is helping thousands of organisations to make the shift to sustainable transport. | 6th April 2020
- How to use energy optimisation to reduce energy costs and drive growth
- How to use energy optimisation to reduce energy costs and drive growth | 6th February 2020
- Powering the Transition to Electric Vehicles
- How businesses and public sector organisations need to rethink their energy strategy #ThisIsPositiveEnergy | 31st October 2019
- New Centrica report uncovers potential for £5.6bn saving on Public Sector Energy spend by 2035
- The public sector could unlock more than £375m in cost savings every year by adopting modern energy technology, according to new research released by Centrica Business Solutions today. | 20th September 2019