CEMEX drives climate action by renewing three-year partnership with ENGIE for 100% UK renewable electricity supply
Global building materials solutions supplier CEMEX has renewed its partnership with low-carbon energy supplier ENGIE for a further three years. The partnership will continue the supply of 100% UK renewable electricity to all CEMEX’s UK owned sites, which first started in 2019.
This comes to nearly 200 sites and includes its cement plant at Rugby and grinding plant at Tilbury, as well as key operational locations such as the quarry in Dove Holes, Buxton and the Northfleet concrete plant and wharf. It further demonstrates CEMEX’s Future In Action commitment to net zero CO2 across its operations.
CEMEX announced its Climate Action strategy in February 2020, and in its European operations reduced its CO2 emissions by close to 35% as of December 31st, 2020, ten years ahead of the target date. CEMEX also declared a 55% CO2 reduction target for its European Operations, aligning with the European Commission goal for all member states.
Martin Hills, Head of Carbon, Legacy Landfill and Special Projects for CEMEX Europe, commented: “We are aware that the production of our materials, particularly cement, is an energy-intensive process and we are committed to improving the energy efficiency of our operations and cutting carbon emissions.
“CEMEX has a dedicated Climate Action Plan for its global operations which outlines the company’s vision to advance towards a carbon-neutral economy and to address society’s increasing demands more efficiently. The use of renewable electricity at our sites plays an important part in this and we are pleased to have renewed our partnership with ENGIE for a further three years.”
Ben Taylor, Account Manager at ENGIE commented: “ENGIE is delighted to be extending our long running partnership with CEMEX to provide 100% UK renewable electricity supply. We are committed to helping our customers reduce carbon emissions and deliver optimum energy performance across their sites and operations and this contract is a positive step towards helping CEMEX transition to a lower carbon future.”
For more information contact:
Kate Bond, Head of Marketing & Communications
telephone: 07736 107151 | email: email@example.com | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- EQUANS and Mina launch integrated home, workplace and public charging solution for business fleet operators
- EQUANS (the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity) has launched a combined at-home and on the road billing solution for fleet owners, under a new partnership with Mina - the UK’s only payment solution for EV charging. | 16th November 2021
- EQUANS Director to chair CBI Public Sector Partners Council
- EQUANS Director to chair CBI Public Sector Partners Council | 11th November 2021
- EQUANS receives second Platinum EcoVadis award
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has been awarded a Platinum EcoVadis medal for the second year running. | 19th October 2021
- EQUANS appoints Jean-Philippe Loiseau as new CEO for UK & Ireland
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has appointed Jean-Philippe Loiseau as the new CEO of its UK & Ireland business, with effect from 1 September 2021 | 6th August 2021
- ENGIE launches EQUANS, a new brand for services-led activity
- ENGIE has announced the launch of a new global business, EQUANS - which will separately manage the majority of its services-led activity. | 23rd July 2021
- CEMEX drives climate action by renewing three-year partnership with ENGIE for 100% UK renewable electricity supply
- Global building materials solutions supplier CEMEX has renewed its partnership with low-carbon energy supplier ENGIE for a further three years. | 7th June 2021
- CBI Appoints ENGIE UK CEO to Public Sector Partners Council
- ENGIE UK & Ireland CEO, Nicola Lovett has been appointed as chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council. | 15th February 2021
- ENGIE and Scania team up to deliver eMobility solutions across Europe
- Scania partners with ENGIE and EVBox to develop electric charging solutions in Europe for trucks and buses | 13th November 2020
- ENGIE to help deliver zero carbon for South Somerset
- South Somerset District Council (SSDC) has contracted ENGIE to develop a net zero carbon roadmap. | 21st October 2020
- John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
- The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets. | 30th September 2020