CBI Appoints ENGIE UK CEO to Public Sector Partners Council
ENGIE UK & Ireland CEO, Nicola Lovett has been appointed as chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council.
As chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council (PSPC) – a CBI standing committee – Nicola will help guide the CBI’s work on issues related to the delivery of public services and infrastructure, and public-private partnerships more broadly.
The Public Sector Partners Council (PSPC) is one of the CBI’s standing committees. Established in 2018, it acts as the CBI’s most senior consultation and steering body for work on issues related to the delivery of public services and infrastructure, and public-private partnerships more broadly.
The appointment comes as the UK’s COVID pandemic response highlights what can be achieved when business and government work together in the national interest.
Business has proved an essential partner – assisting the NHS and other public services – from fitting out Nightingale hospitals in a matter of days, through to developing and delivering life-saving vaccines.
Commenting on Nicola’s appointment, Lord Karan Bilimoria CBE DL, CBI President, said:
“It is fantastic to welcome Nicola as Chair of the CBI Public Sector Partnership Council and I am excited to begin championing the value that business brings in the service of the nation alongside her.
“Nicola brings an expertise and drive to the council which will ensure government-business relationships continue to grow going forward, particularly around the increasingly vital issues of building sustainability into public spending and helping the regions level up across the country. Green technology and services have a vital role to play in helping the UK’s economic recovery.
“We are exceptionally grateful to Adrian Gregory for his dedicated leadership of the council since 2018 and the continued collaboration between industry and government in the coming years.”
Nicola Lovett, incoming Chair of the CBI Public Sector Partners Council and ENGIE CEO, said: “I am delighted to be appointed as Chair at such an important time for government-business relations, when the Public Sector must rise to meet challenges such as the ongoing pandemic, climate change, digitalisation and the housing crisis.
“I look forward to leading the coalition of businesses within the Council continuing to not only articulate the collective value we bring to the Public Sector, but also to further strengthen the Council’s relationship with government and the wider public sector – ensuring suppliers are best placed to deliver outcomes that support government priorities in a transparent and responsible way.”
For more information contact:
Kate Bond, Head of Marketing & Communications
telephone: 07736 107151 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | website: www.business.engie.co.uk
view profile on ESTA at: www.estaenergy.org.uk/members/engie-power-ltd
All ENGIE (Power Ltd) News
- EQUANS and Mina launch integrated home, workplace and public charging solution for business fleet operators
- EQUANS (the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity) has launched a combined at-home and on the road billing solution for fleet owners, under a new partnership with Mina - the UK’s only payment solution for EV charging. | 16th November 2021
- EQUANS Director to chair CBI Public Sector Partners Council
- EQUANS Director to chair CBI Public Sector Partners Council | 11th November 2021
- EQUANS receives second Platinum EcoVadis award
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has been awarded a Platinum EcoVadis medal for the second year running. | 19th October 2021
- EQUANS appoints Jean-Philippe Loiseau as new CEO for UK & Ireland
- EQUANS, the new name for ENGIE’s services-led activity, has appointed Jean-Philippe Loiseau as the new CEO of its UK & Ireland business, with effect from 1 September 2021 | 6th August 2021
- ENGIE launches EQUANS, a new brand for services-led activity
- ENGIE has announced the launch of a new global business, EQUANS - which will separately manage the majority of its services-led activity. | 23rd July 2021
- CEMEX drives climate action by renewing three-year partnership with ENGIE for 100% UK renewable electricity supply
- Global building materials solutions supplier CEMEX has renewed its partnership with low-carbon energy supplier ENGIE for a further three years. | 7th June 2021
- CBI Appoints ENGIE UK CEO to Public Sector Partners Council
- ENGIE UK & Ireland CEO, Nicola Lovett has been appointed as chair of the CBI’s Public Sector Partners Council. | 15th February 2021
- ENGIE and Scania team up to deliver eMobility solutions across Europe
- Scania partners with ENGIE and EVBox to develop electric charging solutions in Europe for trucks and buses | 13th November 2020
- ENGIE to help deliver zero carbon for South Somerset
- South Somerset District Council (SSDC) has contracted ENGIE to develop a net zero carbon roadmap. | 21st October 2020
- John Lewis Partnership teams with ENGIE to drive environmental targets further
- The John Lewis Partnership has teamed up with leading energy and services company ENGIE to further support the Partnership’s drive to deliver its ambitious environmental targets. | 30th September 2020