Armstrong Fluid Technology signs Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment
Toronto, Canada, June 3, 2019 – Armstrong Fluid Technology announced that it has signed the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment, launched by the World Green Building Council. The commitment is unique in positioning energy efficiency as a central component to achieving decarbonization across global portfolios. All signatories to the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment pledge to reach net zero carbon operating emissions within their portfolios by 2030.
To meet this commitment, Armstrong will take the following actions to incorporate energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions:
- Implement energy efficiency measures to lower electricity and fossil fuel consumption.
- Generate renewable energy on-site.
- Procure renewable generated electricity and carbon offsets.
Reflecting on the Net Zero commitment, Charles Armstrong, Chairman and CEO, Armstrong Fluid Technology stated “For the past 20 years we have been perfecting the efficiency of our portfolio and dismantling the economic barriers around efficiency and reduced GHG emissions. Improving performance does not have to involve paying a premium price. Reaching Net Zero and assisting our customers in meeting their own sustainability objectives is our primary work. The synergy between this Net Zero commitment and our own 2 by 22 initiative to reduce Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions by 2 million tonnes by the year 2022 made it an easy decision to become one of the more than 50 distinguished signatories allied to combatting the climate crisis.”
For more information, please visit www.armstrongfluidtechnology.com.
About Armstrong Fluid Technology
With over 1,200 employees worldwide, operating seven manufacturing facilities worldwide, Armstrong Fluid Technology is known as an innovator in the design, engineering and manufacturing of intelligent fluid flow equipment. With expertise in demand-based control, digitalization, fluid flow, and heat transfer, Armstrong Fluid Technology leads the fluid systems industry, including HVAC, plumbing, and fire safety, providing the most energy-efficient and cost-effective solutions to building professionals and owners around the world.
All Armstrong Integrated Limited News
- New Towermax from Armstrong, takes chiller efficiency to another level
- A new control solution, launched by Armstrong Fluid Technology, will enable operating efficiencies of chiller plants to be improved significantly, delivering energy savings of up to 45% and water savings of up to 12%. | 18th June 2020
- Armstrong Fluid Technology launches Design Envelope
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the launch of Design Envelope EVERCOOLTM, a new solution for rapid deployment in mission critical cooling applications. | 18th June 2020
- Providing Building Services In Challenging Times
- Working remotely, new safety protocols, and how remote monitoring can help HVAC system users. | 27th May 2020
- Armstrong Fluid Technology appoints new CEO
- Todd Rief has joined the organisation as Chief Executive Officer. | 24th January 2020
- Armstrong Fluid Technology signs Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment
- Armstrong Fluid Technology announced that it has signed the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment, launched by the World Green Building Council. | 3rd June 2019
- Armstrong launches new IPS 4000 Controller for multi-pump installations with variable loads
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the release of the new Integrated Pumping System (IPS 4000), an automation solution for commercial HVAC pumping stations of up to 8 pumps and 16 zones. | 12th April 2019
- Armstrong’s new domestic circulator and condensate pumps now available
- Armstrong Fluid Technology’s new product lines for domestic and light commercial applications are now available and in stock. | 11th April 2019
- New booster sets from Armstrong Fluid Technology deliver energy savings with faster installation and commissioning
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has launched the new Design Envelope 6800G Boosters which are easier to install and commission, save space in the plantroom, and offer outstanding energy efficient performance across a wider operating range than ever before. | 31st July 2018
- New High-Performance Fire Pump range launched by Armstrong Fluid Technology
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the launch of a new line of high-efficiency fire pumps offering superior flow performance with lower installation and lifecycle costs, outstanding durability and ease of maintenance. | 11th May 2018
- Armstrong Fluid Technology celebrates 4th year of sustainability initiative
- Armstrong Fluid Technology’s sustainability initiative is celebrating a highly successful fourth year, with significant energy and carbon savings achieved for customers via its HVAC solutions, as well as impressive reductions in electricity, gas and water usage at Armstrong production facilities around the world. | 29th September 2017