Armstrong Fluid Technology receives Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development
Armstrong Fluid Technology has been honoured with a Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development. Announced today (Thursday 29th April) the award recognises Armstrong’s leadership in sustainability, including improvements in daily operations, contributions to the sustainability of customers, and support for sustainability initiatives in local communities.
Now in its 55th year, the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are the most prestigious business awards in the country, with recognised businesses able to bear the esteemed Queen’s Awards emblem for the next five years. Of the exclusive list of just 205 organisations recognised this year, Armstrong Fluid Technology is one of only seventeen to receive an award in the Sustainable Development category. Armstrong Fluid Technology now also holds the distinction of being the first company in the commercial-scale HVAC sector to receive a Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development.
With eight manufacturing facilities on four continents, and employees around the world, Armstrong Fluid Technology is known as an innovator in the design, engineering and manufacturing of intelligent fluid flow equipment, control solutions and digital technologies. Armstrong’s day-to-day operations and growth are founded on the core values of community, service, learning and innovation. These values express the organisation’s purpose as well as the long-term strategy for success in an evolving marketplace.
Armstrong is driven to lead the global shift towards responsible, sustainable energy use, and to develop innovative, high-value, energy-saving solutions.
In 2013, the company brought together its sustainability efforts to form a single global program, called Planet Proposition, to drive progress towards more ambitious environmental targets. The sustainability improvements, made through the Planet Proposition program and led by Steve Cooper, Sustainable Design Director, have now been recognised with the UK’s most prestigious business award, the Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
Charles Armstrong, Executive Chairman of Armstrong Fluid Technology commented, “Sustainability is a key driver within our business. We are leading the way in developing innovative energy-saving solutions that help customers to reduce their environmental impact. With advanced solutions that leverage edge computing, iOT, machine learning, digital twin technology and demand-based control, we’ve advanced efficiency in building HVAC systems around the world. In our own facilities, we continue to reduce energy use, and the related Greenhouse Gas emissions. We also run local projects to help the community at large become more sustainable. We’re very proud of the progress we’ve made, as well as our history of service to the global community, and we’re honoured to have our work recognised through this award.”
All Armstrong Integrated Limited News
- Armstrong Fluid Technology launches single phase pumps for light-duty applications
- Armstrong has launched a range of Design Envelope Permanent Magnet (DEPM) pumps for light-duty applications using single-phase power (200-230V). | 22nd February 2022
- Armstrong Fluid Technology’s Sustainability Achievements celebrated with presentation of Queen’s Award
- Armstrong Fluid Technology was presented with the Queen's Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development on the 27th of October by Kui Man Gerry Yueng OBE, Her Majesty’s Deputy Lieutenant of Greater Manchester. | 2nd November 2021
- Armstrong Fluid Technology wins Project of the Year accolade at the Pump Industry Awards
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has emerged victorious in the Project of the Year category at the prestigious Pump Industry Awards 2020/2021. | 13th October 2021
- Armstrong Fluid Technology UK expansion continues with official opening of new Droitwich site
- Armstrong Fluid Technology UK expansion continues with official opening of new Droitwich site | 13th September 2021
- Upcoming Armstrong Fluid Technology webinars
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has a busy webinar programme lined up for July and August. | 7th July 2021
- Armstrong unveils new line of outdoor pumps with permanent magnet motors up to 10hp
- Armstrong unveils new line of outdoor pumps with permanent magnet motors up to 10hp | 25th May 2021
- Armstrong Fluid Technology receives Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development
- Armstrong Fluid Technology have been honoured with a Queen's Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development, making them the first company in the commercial-scale HVAC sector to achieve this accolade based on their contributions to sustainability | 30th April 2021
- Trial Armstrong’s pump performance technology for FREE
- Free trial of Armstrong Pump Manager | 21st April 2021
- 3-day delivery now available on top Armstrong pumps
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced that its most popular Design Envelope pumps are now available with a 3-day quick-ship delivery time. | 22nd October 2020
- New Towermax from Armstrong, takes chiller efficiency to another level
- A new control solution, launched by Armstrong Fluid Technology, will enable operating efficiencies of chiller plants to be improved significantly, delivering energy savings of up to 45% and water savings of up to 12%. | 18th June 2020