Armstrong Fluid Technology appoints new CEO
Toronto, January 14, 2020 – S. A. Armstrong Limited has announced that Todd Rief has joined the organisation as Chief Executive Officer.
Rief has over 25 years of experience in both small and large organisations. In his most recent role, he worked with Honeywell International Inc., where he served as Chief Commercial Officer for the Homes and Buildings Technologies division. In 12 years with Honeywell, he served in a variety of positions including President and General Manager of the Environmental and Energy Solutions Group and President and General Manager of the Life Safety and Security group.
Rief joined Honeywell from Sun Microsystems where he served as General Manager of the Storage Services Business. Prior to that he was an associate with the leading consulting firms Booz Allen & Hamilton and McKinsey & Company. His academic background includes both a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering and Economics and an MBA.
In the role of CEO, Rief will report directly to Charles Armstrong, the Executive Chairman of S. A. Armstrong Limited. Rief will assume responsibility for the parent company, S.A. Armstrong Limited and all subsidiary companies and business lines, such as Buildings, Mining & Industrial and the Foundry Business.
“Todd’s knowledge and passion for technology, his superior strategic capabilities and his proven track record in business organisational performance improvement will be instrumental in the continuing execution of Armstrong growth in existing and new markets,” said Charles Armstrong”
About Armstrong Fluid Technology
With over 1200 employees worldwide, operating seven manufacturing facilities on four continents, Armstrong Fluid Technology is known as an innovator in the design, engineering and manufacturing of intelligent fluid flow equipment, control solutions and digital technologies such as Design Envelope. With expertise in demand-based control, digitisation, fluid flow, and heat transfer, Armstrong Fluid Technology leads the fluid systems industry, including HVAC, plumbing, gas transmission and fire safety, providing the most energy-efficient and cost-effective solutions to building and facility professionals around the world.
Armstrong Fluid Technology is committed to sustainability. In 2018, the company launched its 2 by 22 initiative, a program that aims to reduce Greenhouse Gas emissions among customers by 2 million tons by the year 2022. More recently, Armstrong signed the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment, a program launched by the World Green Building Council. As a signatory to the program, Armstrong has pledged to ensure that all its offices and manufacturing facilities will operate at net-zero carbon by the year 2030.
All Armstrong Integrated Limited News
- Armstrong Fluid Technology receives Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development
- Armstrong Fluid Technology have been honoured with a Queen's Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development, making them the first company in the commercial-scale HVAC sector to achieve this accolade based on their contributions to sustainability | 30th April 2021
- Trial Armstrong’s pump performance technology for FREE
- Free trial of Armstrong Pump Manager | 21st April 2021
- 3-day delivery now available on top Armstrong pumps
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced that its most popular Design Envelope pumps are now available with a 3-day quick-ship delivery time. | 22nd October 2020
- New Towermax from Armstrong, takes chiller efficiency to another level
- A new control solution, launched by Armstrong Fluid Technology, will enable operating efficiencies of chiller plants to be improved significantly, delivering energy savings of up to 45% and water savings of up to 12%. | 18th June 2020
- Armstrong Fluid Technology launches Design Envelope
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the launch of Design Envelope EVERCOOLTM, a new solution for rapid deployment in mission critical cooling applications. | 18th June 2020
- Providing Building Services In Challenging Times
- Working remotely, new safety protocols, and how remote monitoring can help HVAC system users. | 27th May 2020
- Armstrong Fluid Technology appoints new CEO
- Todd Rief has joined the organisation as Chief Executive Officer. | 24th January 2020
- Armstrong Fluid Technology signs Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment
- Armstrong Fluid Technology announced that it has signed the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment, launched by the World Green Building Council. | 3rd June 2019
- Armstrong launches new IPS 4000 Controller for multi-pump installations with variable loads
- Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced the release of the new Integrated Pumping System (IPS 4000), an automation solution for commercial HVAC pumping stations of up to 8 pumps and 16 zones. | 12th April 2019
- Armstrong’s new domestic circulator and condensate pumps now available
- Armstrong Fluid Technology’s new product lines for domestic and light commercial applications are now available and in stock. | 11th April 2019