ESTA is a leading voice in setting the development and direction of the energy management industry. Our strength comes from our range of members together with their enthusiasm and commitment to be the best in their fields and lead by example. We exist to champion their work and to continue building on our proven track record of achievement.
ESTA has over 35 years involvement in Energy Management in the UK and is actively involved in:
- Voicing and developing members’ interests with key energy and carbon stakeholders including government, the Carbon Trust and sector bodies on energy and carbon issues.
- Keeping members up-to-date via briefings and papers on key policies and issues affecting the market.
- Updating key energy end-users on latest issues such as legislation and current and emerging energy management techniques.
- Promoting our members’ offering to potential customers through events, articles, online and other forums and media.
- Supporting the development of energy management – ESTA introduced the now widely used term of aM&T Automatic Monitoring and Targeting.
- Developing ISO/CEN/BSI Energy Management Standards.
- Industry networking – providing opportunities then seeking to encourage and build business relationships between members.
ESTA Membership is open to organisations offering products or services that support the management of energy and carbon in the UK. This includes distributors, system integrators and support organisations – not only manufacturers.
Find out more:
What to do to join ESTA
– By improving your business proposition and increasing market size.
1. By helping create the right business environment:
- by representing our members’ interests in order to influence government and EU policy outcomes via:
- direct meetings,
- attending key committees,
- responding to consultations and in some cases by writing the guidance ourselves.
This enables us to provide our members with an early briefing on forthcoming government policies and initiatives – enabling us to help our members prepare in advance or be best placed to take advantage of new opportunities.
2. By helping our members take advantage of the business environment:
- by raising their profile,
- facilitating marketing and networking opportunities and
- encouraging customers to access ESTA members.
We provide a framework, activities and influence that give members opportunities to enhance their business via:
- help with leads,
- increased orders,
- better margins,
- less waste,
- better contractual arrangements and
- improved working relationships in the industry.
We seek every opportunity to help our members enhance their business and increase their market share.
In summary we aim to:
- Promote the economic and environmental benefits of energy management.
- Establish professional standards in the energy management supply industry.
- Promote ESTA members’ products, systems and services to energy users.
- Grow the market and generate leads.
- Encourage customers to choose ESTA members in preference to non-members.
- Influence government policy both broad and detailed.
- Educate the market on the commercial benefits of our members’ products, systems and services.
- Act as a forum for the industry and supply information and advice.
– Here are just a few of the benefits of ESTA membership. The more members take part the greater the return in terms of savings, value for money and the potential to win new business. Active members can and do recoup their membership fees many times over.
- Representation: ESTA is regularly consulted by government, the media, major user groups and the EU. We are represented on the significant committees relating to standards, government policies, contracts, trading conditions and other areas affecting the industry. We have trusted and long standing relationships that we use to our members’ advantage.
- Member-only discounts: ESTA members receive a wide range of discounts. These are available for our: training courses and taking part in our conferences though exhibiting or sponsorship. The more you get involved the quicker you are able to start recouping your membership fees.
- Member meetings: Our famed quarterly member meetings feature updates on the latest industry developments and presentations from leading industry figures on topical issues. Following lunch and the opportunity to do business with fellow members the afternoon is spent with members’ meeting in our influential specialist groups to pool resources and work to improve trading conditions in their sectors.
- Networking opportunities: We seek every opportunity to encourage and enable our members to meet and network with potential customers. An active diary of member meetings, national and regional events, summit meetings, training events, energy clinics, conferences and exhibitions are carefully tailored to enable our members to showcase their businesses to key audiences.
- Knowledge sharing: We provide our members with insightful and quality market intelligence, policy updates and guidance. Our aim is to keep our members better informed in order to give them a competitive advantage. Key business information will also be emailed to you direct along with ESTA’s expert interpretation on what it could mean for your business.
- Business leads: The ESTA website carries a profile of each of our members’ businesses including details of the products or services offered and contact details. We also feature case studies of our members’ products, technology and services. Interested customers who access a case study are taken straight to the member’s website. Our aim is to increase traffic to your website and help generate new leads for your business. Our members are free to post news stories and announcements on the home page of the ESTA website.
- Raising your profile: As well as running our own successful events we also run conference sessions at national events.
- Marketing support: We offer exclusively for the use of our members a high quality contact database of potential business leads who have ‘opted-in’. You can use this to email directly to potential customers.
- Here for everyone: Unlike many trade associations, ESTA membership covers the whole of your business – not just a single named individual. Anyone in your company can benefit from ESTA membership. We encourage staff from sales, product development, procurement, account management, finance and operational departments to register for our email updates – we aim to help everyone in your business.
ESTA’s annual membership fees are based on company turnover. Fees are kept modest to ensure membership is open to a wide variety of companies and organisations. A sliding scale of membership fees can be found by downloading a membership information pack.
Unlike many membership organisations ESTA’s fees cover the whole company or organisation – not just a named individual.
The application process is simple and straightforward. It involves the completion of a simple one-page application form. The form must contain contact details of two recent customers who can provide a reference via telephone in order to support your application.
All membership applications are submitted to the ESTA council for their approval.
- Applications from outside the UK and EU will be considered where a company has a credible trading record.
- Where relevant, submissions to Companies House must be up-to-date.
- Previous trading history must be acceptable, for example no involvement with previous companies with a history of poor customer support or liquidation.
- Current business methods and approach must be acceptable.
- The technology offered must be deemed credible.
Other factors may be taken into consideration. The decision by the ESTA council is final.
For full details download Membership application form